• ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    What does BNIB mean?
    I guess I am not that hip and I doubt I ever will be. I keep seeing ads saying the firearm is BNIB but I can't figure out what that would mean. Pix of the gun show it in its box but I still don't know why it would be called BNIB. I know what LNIB and other stuff like it but this one baffles me. :n00b:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    In my experience it generally refers to a firearm that someone shot a few boxes of ammo through and left it in a nightstand for a year until a tire pops on their truck and they need $400 bucks for a gun they spent $410 on. YMMV

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Butt nekid in B-Town
    Only people in B-Town say butt naked. :n00b:

I think the correct explanation of this initialism is "Better Now Instead of Before". Thus, the seller has improved the gun in some way, i.e. adding a bolt buffer to a 10/22.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, so it really doesn't say much about how many rounds have gone through it or anything else, just that they are the primary owner of the weapon. THANKS!

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    If the seller is being honest it means the weapon is as new, never fired in the original box. I always find it hard to believe the number of guns being sold by individuals that are as "new".

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Some will claim “basically new in box” if you question the slide wear on what you were lead to believe was “brand new”... ask me how I know...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Only people in B-Town say butt naked. :n00b:

I think the correct explanation of this initialism is "Better Now Instead of Before". Thus, the seller has improved the gun in some way, i.e. adding a bolt buffer to a 10/22.

Hey! I thought it was "butt naked" forever too. And after I found out it was actually "buck naked," I thought the wrong way I was saying it sounded better.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    BNIB should mean, brand new in box. If it’s been show very little and is in near perfect shape a seller should use LNIB, or like new in box

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not so sure about "Primary Owner" but maybe it would be more correct to say "Present Owner" instead.

THIS.

There's nothing stopping someone that bought BNIB from selling BNIB... and so on, and on, and on...

BNIB says more about the seller than it does the item for sale.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Now, I'm always going to say "Butt Naked." I had no idea that the "buck" part of buck naked was from that reference, but I do remember Reagan talking about "strapping young bucks" buying T-bone steaks with food stamps, and I knew exactly what he was trying to say.

If it's all the same, I'll go with stark naked from now on. It fits my bowtie wearin' style. ;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If it's all the same, I'll go with stark naked from now on. It fits my bowtie wearin' style. ;)

Butt naked just sounds dirty, hence why I like it.

And I haven't seen any of the Starks naked, but I've seen Ned's "bastard" naked too many times.

Top Bottom