• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    The story leaves a few questions in my mind.

1. How did the jail officer determine that the guy he apprehended was the guy that tried to get in his house?
    2. How did the real police determine that there was no probable cause to arrest him for real?
    3. Does a jail officer have any police powers outside of the jail?
    4. It looked like a gun the jail officer was holding and not a taser (he mentions both tasing and shooting the guy during the video). Which was it?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana

1. How did the jail officer determine that the guy he apprehended was the guy that tried to get in his house?
    2. How did the real police determine that there was no probable cause to arrest him for real?
    4. It looked like a gun the jail officer was holding and not a taser (he mentions both tasing and shooting the guy during the video). Which was it?

its not a crime till he actually enters the house..

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I saw this on the news and IMHO this jailer is in a world of hurt.

Although if I ever did "citizens arrest" a guy and hold him at gunpoint, I'd be so hyped up I'd probably let fly with every TV and movie cop cliche I ever heard. Like a person under duress speaking in tongues.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Although if I ever did "citizens arrest" a guy and hold him at gunpoint, I'd be so hyped up I'd probably let fly with every TV and movie cop cliche I ever heard. Like a person under duress speaking in tongues.

True enough but can you really hold someone at gunpoint. I mean the guy is a jailer not a LEO. The family of the guy on the ground is PO'd and for the most part I understand why. It will be interesting to see what comes of this.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I've seen the story multiple times in the last 24 hours and the details vary each time it is told.
    1. How did the jail officer determine that the guy he apprehended was the guy that tried to get in his house? Jailer's daughter is the woman lingering in the background. She followed the suspect while directing Dad via cell phone.
    2. How did the real police determine that there was no probable cause to arrest him for real? Don't know their legal reasoning but they have had contact with this person previously and seem to accept that he was just confused rather than looking for items to steal or peeping in windows.
    Jailer had a taser on him. Daughter brought him a gun that he switched to.

Top Bottom