Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blue falcon View Post
    I have both CATs and SOF Ts and Feel that about the SOF Ts are superior in design and ease of use. I am going to get a SWAT T to see how it works, it looks like it is a big rubber band. It may be good for an arm wound but i am not sure if it would work on a leg.

Someone with more experience is welcome to make corrections.
    It's just like a large bike inner tube that has been cut open.
    It works fine on either a leg or an arm.It gets really tight.
    It can be a bit tricky to apply one handed on your own arm though but it can be done with enough practice.
    The CAT is probably better and faster for a one handed self applied application.

You can use it as an arm sling or even just to old an ice pack in place as well.
    Many uses for such a compact product.

User Info Menu

Applying it to your arm one handed? Are you shooting up again?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    It's just like a large bike inner tube that has been cut open.
    It works fine on either a leg or an arm.It gets really tight.
    It can be a bit tricky to apply one handed on your own arm though but it can be done with enough practice.
    The CAT is probably better and faster for a one handed self applied application.

You can use it as an arm sling or even just to old an ice pack in place as well.
    Many uses for such a compact product.
    I have 3 SWAT T's, might make a decent pressure bandage at best.
    USA1 God, guns, family, country

User Info Menu

Hoping CAVMEDIC will post here as that dude is legit, pretty sure his carry is a TK4 only, that dude has seen it all and that should say a lot.

User Info Menu

Applying it to your arm one handed? Are you shooting up again?
    Not that type of tourniquet!
    The SWAT-T is basically similar to the little rubber tourniquets used to start IVs though, just much larger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SMiller View Post
    Hoping CAVMEDIC will post here as that dude is legit, pretty sure his carry is a TK4 only, that dude has seen it all and that should say a lot.
    And BOR and some of our other EMT's.

User Info Menu

And BOR and some of our other EMT's.
    Hell I am a EMT, I was referring to someone that has seen real deal mass cas, a couple hard tours followed by the rough streets of Indy is a huge difference then a rural area or part time/volunteer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SMiller View Post
    Hell I am a EMT, I was referring to someone that has seen real deal mass cas, a couple hard tours followed by the rough streets of Indy is a huge difference then a rural area or part time/volunteer.
    You can see some horrific stuff in rural areas.Like hunting accidents (leg blown off by 00 buckshot), chainsaw accidents, car crashing at high speed into big heavy farming equipement or what have you.

User Info Menu

Training and Mindset will serve well even if you don't have a trauma kit. It certainly helps to have the right equipment available, but knowing how to improvise equipment from common materials means you will never be caught without it.
    Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition!

Master

User Info Menu

I admit, much more than just basic first aid is a serious weakness for me. I have had basic firat aid training and have had cpr training (both cert's have expired), but will be looking for some training in this area very soon. I am becoming more of a believer that if you are going to carry a gun everyday, you should also carry some life saving items and skills to use them. The life you save might be your own

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast