• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    During my time as a Drill Sergeant and Senior Drill Sergeant I encountered many “crazy” Privates.
    Most were putting on an act to get out of the Army some were B#&#$t CRAZY!

1. Private heard voices that told him to kill everyone around him. He was bipolar and off his meds he had spent most of his life in and out of institutions glad we caught him before BRM.
    2. The “fainting goat” this guy would fall on the ground and cry at random intervals. He was having “panic attacks” something I had never heard of at the time. He had lied and had an extensive mental heath history.
    3. The “killer” National Guard kid came to BCT between junior and senior year of high school. No issues with him during training went home killed his father and attempted to attack his high school with a pipe bomb. He had been in treatment since an early age.

and many more!

I am glad I didn't have to deal with the ones who said they were mentally ill.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    With the press all talking about the two to three wars coming soon then recruits should be harder to come by.
    USA vs North Korea
    Nato vs Russia in Poland.
    Suadi’s verse Iran.

Also so bring to mind Alice’s Restaurant song just in time for thanksgiving.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    This will, sooner or later, cause the deaths of innocent people. Reminds me of Full Metal Jacket.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Any time recruiting becomes more challenging, either through a good economy or too many wars, the standards fall. The Army is usually the first but, if times remain tough, the others will follow.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    With the press all talking about the two to three wars coming soon then recruits should be harder to come by.
    USA vs North Korea
    Nato vs Russia in Poland.
    Suadi’s verse Iran.

Also so bring to mind Alice’s Restaurant song just in time for thanksgiving.

Great song!

Guess it depends on the war. The first few years of OIF/OEF were the golden years of recruiting. People were way more interested in joining when there was a war to fight. When the numbers overseas started drawing down, so did the recruits. There are a lot of strict standards for joining, not sure this was the best one to relax.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That's the Catch 22 Yosarian, if you tell me you are crazy and I shouldn't let you to go to war, I would have to judge you as sane since no sane person would want to go to war.

Top Bottom