• JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Who is he? Really I don't know...

Alton Brown was instrumental in bringing the science of cooking to the masses through his show Good Eats. Instead of just standing in a kitchen cooking, he used elaborate props, scripted scenes, and guest experts to explain why cooking does what it does. I learned a lot from Good Eats and it started me on my journey into homebrewing beer.

After Good Eats, he hosted (still?) cooking competition show(s) and has a podcast that deals with a number of different topics.

He often wears bow ties.

A tv chef type guy
    More than that. He's a TV chef crossed with a kids TV host in that his show was as much produced for learning and entertainment as it was for raw in-the-kitchen cooking.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Alton Brown was instrumental in bringing the science of cooking to the masses through his show Good Eats. Instead of just standing in a kitchen cooking, he used elaborate props, scripted scenes, and guest experts to explain why cooking does what it does. I learned a lot from Good Eats and it started me on my journey into homebrewing beer.

After Good Eats, he hosted (still?) cooking competition show(s) and has a podcast that deals with a number of different topics.

He often wears bow ties.

More than that. He's a TV chef crossed with a kids TV host in that his show was as much produced for learning and entertainment as it was for raw in-the-kitchen cooking.

I loved Good Eats for that reason. I loved learning why you cook food the way that you do and what happens to the food. It was like a cooking show for science people.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    The show was way better than the stage performance. Reaaaaaaly didnt expect to hear him sing and play guitar. Woulda been a decent evening if the guy behind me had been taught to cover his mouth when he coughed. Getting coughed on directly on the back of your head a couple times an hour is maddening.

Top Bottom