• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Ok.... So Louis CK is in big trouble for "Sexual Misconduct". Say wut? Has anybody seen his show? His whole show is sexual misconduct! Louis CK has got to be the most horrible human person alive today. His very words far exceed what the women are saying his actions were. All of his networks have abandoned him and he has withdrawn to reflect on his crimes.

Now what? Will there be no more Louis? Does he have to become a homeless drifter and never work again? Must I never see a Louis CK standup comedy show again because he is exactly the man that he built his career upon? After earning millions for Netflix and others by showcasing the very persona that they are now running away from, Is he finished?

How can this tempest in a teacup be anything at all when he has been talking about doing these very things as part of his shtick for years?

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Ok.... So Louis CK is in big trouble for "Sexual Misconduct". Say wut? Has anybody seen his show? His whole show is sexual misconduct! Louis CK has got to be the most horrible human person alive today. His very words far exceed what the women are saying his actions were. All of his networks have abandoned him and he has withdrawn to reflect on his crimes.

Now what? Will there be no more Louis? Does he have to become a homeless drifter and never work again? Must I never see a Louis CK standup comedy show again because he is exactly the man that he built his career upon? After earning millions for Netflix and others by showcasing the very persona that they are now running away from, Is he finished?

How can this tempest in a teacup be anything at all when he has been talking about doing these very things as part of his shtick for years?

Was not surprised when the news came out.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Him getting off in front of women was the least surprising sexual harassment accusation that came out. I'm waiting for someone to come and say Andrew Dice Clay was a sleazeball too.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    dr-zoidbergs-butthurt-cream.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Whenever I heard anything from him...which wasn't often, it seemed tinged with a superiority complex masked by a little self-deprecation.

Oh, and I think his career will probably survive in some way, shape or form.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Rolling Stone did an article of the top 50 Stand Up Comics of all time, and they put Luis CK at #4.

Ahead of Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle, Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, ect.

#3 Lenny Bruce #2 George Carlin #1 Richard Pryer

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Rolling Stone did an article of the top 50 Stand Up Comics of all time, and they put Luis CK at #4.

Ahead of Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle, Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, ect.

#3 Lenny Bruce #2 George Carlin #1 Richard Pryer

I enjoy standup comics. Never made it clear through one of CK's Netflix specials. I'm not a prude and inappropriate humor is okay, just didn't find him funny.

Favorite CK victim was the one who said she was on the phone with him and offended because he was masturbating on the other end of the call. Just hang up the phone moron. She was just looking for an excuse to be offended.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Words are not actions. Joking about pulling little Louis out in front of women is not the same thing as actually doing it. And I hardly think the women who were subjected to that would call it a "tempest in a teacup."

Sic Semper Opscenus

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    He has make millions doing standup, about like everything else, everyone loved him till it all went south then suddenly no one has ever heard of him...

He has some funny standup acts, regardless if it all ends today he has his millions and will never have to work another day.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I enjoy standup comics. Never made it clear through one of CK's Netflix specials. I'm not a prude and inappropriate humor is okay, just didn't find him funny.

I'm a standup fan too, and I do like Luis CK, but I'm more likely to watch shorter clips on Youtube than to invest the time to watch anyone's entire Netflix or HBO special.

There's a pretty good video on Youtube with Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Luis CK, and Ricky Gervaise where they're just sitting and discussing the craft, and talking about their different styles. I like the parts where they're pointing out favorite bits that the others have done. I enjoyed it.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Unless he spent all his money on hookers and blow, I think he'll be fine.

I've always been a fan of his work, but these stories have DEFINITELY been out there for years, and I'm not at all surprised to see it finally blow up. His behavior is a little more pathetic than predatory, but the bottom line is that he used his status and influence in the industry to get women to participate in things they weren't comfortable with. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have watched his specials and think the guys is pretty funny. With what he talks about in his routine, I am not a bit surprised in what came out.

From everything I heard/read he asked all these women if he could ****-off in front of them and they all said yes. . . he gave them the option to stay or leave. Its doesnt sound like he just took it out. :)

[video=youtube;hpwJE5DEk7U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpwJE5DEk7U[/video]

Top Bottom