• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Truck had been driving a touch funny lately. Noticed one of my fairly new tires was cupped, had it aligned when I got them. Noticed more brake dust on that wheel than the others. Took it in this morning to get an alignment, and a seized caliper was found. Didn’t/don’t have the time to take it home and address it and paid to have new pads, caliper, and flush.... Was, was going to go across the street to academy after and get a new rifle. Was not happy, but that’s life! As soon as I hopped in my truck I could tell it was driving much better and was a needed repair. Was frustrated I didn’t catch it earlier..... Sorry needed to vent a bit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our van had just received new rotors/pads before we bought it. Had the receipt to prove it. The was about 2 years ago. We do not run the truck to death so the miles were not that high from the time we bought it. About a month ago the spouse said it was acting funny. I drove it. It was feeling mushy when I put the brakes on. I was going to address it in a week or so as I was pretty busy. Nope, it was not going to wait. It went to metal on the right rear.

We put it in the air and found both rear calipers froze up on the pins. New rotors/pads on the back and about 45 minutes a side getting the floaters loosened up and put in properly and good to go. The fronts are fine.

Go figure.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I'll trade you all. My truck needs an engine. I'll be ordering it this weekend. Who wants to do the work? Shop with lift will be available. :)

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Hopefully your new tire isn't hurt too bad. Both of the front calipers on my Wrangler seized up like two days apart. That was a fun trip to the shop...

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Back in the 90s, I owned a 1990 Chevy Lumina. I ended up having a break job done on the thing every 14 months because the back calipers would lock up. Replaced the calipers twice it still did it. I got rid of the thing, dumped all the records for it, and 18 months after getting rid of it I get notice of a recall for that exact issue.

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    My 06 Pontiac Grand Prix developed a coolant leak between the engine block and timing cover this week. I'll be taking care of this tomorrow. Don't like spending my day off working. I have full ammo cans that need emptied.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My sons 96 Impala SS stopped putting heat in the passenger area. He has 3 little Girls.
    I spent an evening this week back flushing the heater core with a garden hose. It worked. Lots of nasty came out of the core. Now we change out the old coolant.

Basic maint. that a lot of folks either over look or avoid.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Last week I replaced inner and outer tie rod ends, tie rod boots, left CV axle, ball joints, front rotors, pads, guide pins and guide pin boots on our 2004 Sienna. We are a single income home (by choice), so I do what I can to "save" where I can.

So after the work was done, I scheduled a 4 wheel alignment at a small reputable shop. I get a call indicating parts are needed to align, shim kit and bolts. Total of $377.00 due to it requiring 4 hours of labor..... bit the bullet and had it done after it was thoroughly explained what they had to do to get it dialed in. Basically all labor plus the reset of the stability system. Sucks, but I don't have the thousands of dollars in tools to do the job right.

Top Bottom