• ...and so much more!
  • indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    First of all, I know almost nothing about heating and cooling.

I have a copper tube & and insulation wrapped tube that come out of my furnace, up into the basement ceiling, and then outside the house and connect to the heat pump unit.

These tubes vibrate so much that they are driving me insane. I've found all the places I can see where they make contact with the basement ceiling joists, and added insulation between the joists and the pipes... but the house still vibrates slightly, and its making me crazy.
    My limited knowledge tells me that any machine that vibrates like this probably has an issue that needs to be addressed. Is there something inside the unit that I need to get to and clean in order to stop this? Or is this a job for someone who actually knows what they are doing?

PS - it does NOT appear to be the blower motor that is giving off this vibration.

Help?

attachment.php
    [/IMG]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They should not be doing this. The pulse from the condenser should not be audible or even detectable. This is a sign of deeper issues. Get it checked out.
    Not sure where you live but shoot me a PM.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    A heat pump is an air conditioner in reverse, and in our climate can give you fits, get some coil cleaner and rinse/clean out your coils and fins good......an over pressure or under pressure in the unit can cause problems, check the out side fan for vibrations, check the unit to see if it is level and or rocking on its base.....might have to get a tech out to check the pressure differential between the lines to see how well the condenser and pump are working.........

Aaron

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A heat pump is an air conditioner in reverse, and in our climate can give you fits, get some coil cleaner and rinse/clean out your coils and fins good......an over pressure or under pressure in the unit can cause problems, check the out side fan for vibrations, check the unit to see if it is level and or rocking on its base.....might have to get a tech out to check the pressure differential between the lines to see how well the condenser and pump are working.........

Aaron

I got it worked out for him.
    Just a question of balance.

Top Bottom