• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Anybody tried it yet? I've been using the predecessor off and on for awhile now. It loads quicker with less problems when we're on Netflix, youtube, etc than internet explorer does so we've been pretty happy with it. A couple of days ago when I signed on it immediately downloaded the latest and greatest version, Quantum, and it's back to dial up. Regular webpages take forever to load and I might as well be on dial up for movies. HATE IT!

I even tried removing all Mozilla and starting over but it's still the same slow, frustrating story. So is anyone having any luck making it work or am I stuck with IE again?:dunno:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I haven’t had any issues yet. I actually had to uninstall and reinstall right before the update cause FF was crashing on every webpage. Got the new build a few days later and everything is quick and responsive.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I am using Firefox, but I don't upgrade ANYTHING unless there is a reason.
    I checked, it's version 50.0.2
    So, the next time I update, I will get quantum?
    I will have to keep an eye on this thread...

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Works fine for me, just hate the black menu bar at the top.

Click on the 3 horizontal bars on the right of the tool bar, then scroll down to custom.Select that and look down on the bottom task bar and you will see "Themes" I selected "light". Much more appealing.

Larry

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am using Firefox, but I don't upgrade ANYTHING unless there is a reason.
    I checked, it's version 50.0.2
    So, the next time I update, I will get quantum?
    I will have to keep an eye on this thread...

You do understand that those updates include security updates, and that browsers are a primary attack vector, don't you?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've been running chrome for a while. Is there a reason I should change?

Probably not. More of a preference thing these days. I've been using Firefox for quite some time and sync bookmarks, etc across devices including my phone, but I don't see a compelling reason to switch if you are happy with Chrome.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Click on the 3 horizontal bars on the right of the tool bar, then scroll down to custom.Select that and look down on the bottom task bar and you will see "Themes" I selected "light". Much more appealing.

Larry
    Thanks Larry! Just did this and you're right - much better! :yesway:

Edit: FWIW, I've been using Firefox for a few years and have been very happy with it. No problems with the latest upgrade.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've loaded, wiped and loaded it several times and it continues to lock up both laptops. The previous version worked so well too! Not a fan of IE so I guess I'll try that one someone suggested up thread.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    When you uninstalled did you delete all the data? If not it could be an extension, corrupt setting, or something else i the user profile.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    When you uninstalled did you delete all the data? If not it could be an extension, corrupt setting, or something else i the user profile.

Well I "think" I did, I used the add/delete protocol in the programs listing although each time I re-installed it a popup appeared saying roughly "we see you have had Mozilla before blah, blah, blah". I've sent an email to Mozilla tech support, I'll give them a couple of days before I do anything else.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well I "think" I did, I used the add/delete protocol in the programs listing although each time I re-installed it a popup appeared saying roughly "we see you have had Mozilla before blah, blah, blah". I've sent an email to Mozilla tech support, I'll give them a couple of days before I do anything else.

You can "refresh" Firefox by using this utility directly from the Mozilla site: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Thanks Larry! Just did this and you're right - much better! :yesway:

Edit: FWIW, I've been using Firefox for a few years and have been very happy with it. No problems with the latest upgrade.

Glad I could help. I could not get use to the black bar.

My thoughts on this version are mixed. It seems faster at times then it seems to stall a bit between pages Hopefully it's a work in progress and it will get better.

I have been using Firefox for longer then i can remember. I am use to it and I hate change. Especially if the change is for the worse. Time will tell.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

My thoughts on this version are mixed. It seems faster at times then it seems to stall a bit between pages Hopefully it's a work in progress and it will get better.

I have been using Firefox for longer then i can remember. I am use to it and I hate change. Especially if the change is for the worse. Time will tell.

I had an odd thing happen yesterday. I had two tabs open, one for INGO (which I was in at the time), and one for my yahoo account. All of a sudden a message popped up saying that there was a virus (or something - I don't remember the exact wording), and it came up in the yahoo tab. I ended up shutting down the browser, running both my AVG anti-virus scan and also Malwarebytes - neither found a problem or threat. I restarted the computer and haven't had any further issues. Still don't know what caused it.

- - - Updated - - -

I had an odd thing happen yesterday. I had two tabs open, one for INGO (which I was in at the time), and one for my yahoo account. All of a sudden a message popped up saying that there was a virus (or something - I don't remember the exact wording), and it came up in the yahoo tab. I ended up shutting down the browser, running both my AVG anti-virus scan and also Malwarebytes - neither found a problem or threat. I restarted the computer and haven't had any further issues. Still don't know what caused it.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! A triple post, all in the same post! That's a new one...

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! A triple post, all in the same post! That's a new one...

And what's with the litle lavender "Updated" thingy?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is that was a pop up on Yahoo trying to get you to follow it for a scam to fix your computer. Honestly. I'd ditch Yahoo. As you are likely well aware, Yahoo is not exactly known for security in any sense of the word, or caring about breaches, etc.

Top Bottom