• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yep, that's right. It's a blessing and a curse. DOE stands for Daughter Of an Engineer. Okay, dumb ole Dave watcha' talkin' 'bout? Well, she is not emotional unless it involves GSDs. Very analytical and grammatical so you better enunciate and be punctual. She has accountant-like qualities too (squeaky tight on the money) & use the Dave Ramsey saving program if you have a major purchase planned. Perfect complement of David Spade to my "Tommy Boy" personality. Never had kids but loves my grandson to death. So what is the downside? Her nickname is the "Vulcan". Don't expect sympathy...EVER! She can't stand clutter and hides stuff but can't remember where she squirreled it away. There are more things I haven't put to paper yet but give me time as we all have quirks. I just happen to notice all the stuff her dad did as an engineer for General Motors that have carried over to her particular genetic strain. it works well for her career as a science teacher, that much is for sure! Overall I'd say I hit the jackpot and she married down but that is just me as a millwright saying it the way I see it. :twocents: Ha!!!
    Anybody else in the same boat??

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    My wife's dad was a chemical engineer. She is also a science teacher. She also stashes items for later use and can't remember where she put them. She also hates clutter. She also keeps tight control of money - we used the Crown Ministries budget every month for 20 years. But NO ONE would mistake her for being emotionless. Drama frequently abounds, especially when pushing the kids (and me) toward perfection.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I knew a guy once that would crack jokes about his wife. Like: "You know my wifes favorite color? , Clear". Yeah, they got divorced. One of my first rules in who is my friend has to do with weather or not they respect their wife.

My wife is the voice of reason. If my feelings are being stepped on, I take a step back and look at the situation afresh. It is good to get checked once in a while. It is never in public. Respect is key. I watch young friends enter into relationships and do a lot of praying. When I speak out it usually is along the lines of,"We are here for you." I am glad to hear that you all have found the key. I too am blessed beyond measure.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hate to break it to you, but it has nothing to do with dad's occupation. My bride and DOE is nothing like what you describe.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My wife is the polar opposite. Emotion, empathy, not nearly as much on the logic and reasoning, more concerned with how something is said than what is said.
    I'm generally the opposite of her. Made for some interesting times early on and still occasionally, but we've both adjusted a bit over the years.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    27 years of matrimonial bliss with a red head OCD crazy cat lady teacher. We have had an interesting life with lots of love, adventure, drama, laughs, and passion. Only have five cats left in the house, (we are slowly and delicately downsizing the feline population over time). Looking forward to retirement in a few years. Plan on spending our time volunteering at our church and helping out in the community. She is so dedicated to her cats, she has this sign on the fridge.

a2e2a4c0937bd9f20344cec99aafaefd--crazy-cat-lady-crazy-cats.jpg

Top Bottom