• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Yes, yes, yes... I know that Diamond Collision is in Avon. If Allen's shop was easier to get to with my work/school/home schedule, I would take my car there.

I need my front seat floor boards replaced on my '06 Altima. Not sure how involved that'll be with a uni-body construction.

And, unfortunately, this has rapidly gone from "would be nice to have done" to "Holy crap there's part of my car laying on my driveway concrete" and it needs done before the fall / winter weather gets worse.

So - Body shops in Greenwood or Indy's South side? TRUSTWORTHY places?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I think you should sell the Altima for $2k. And use the cash for a down payment on a more sensible, practical, and more economical vehicle.

Like a brand new 4-door Chevy Silverado.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I think you should sell the Altima for $2k. And use the cash for a down payment on a more sensible, practical, and more economical vehicle.

YES, This!^^^^

Just like my wife's preference for a nice Tahoe. We let our son drive hers now, so we are in the market for another Chevrolet Earth-Ravager.

And, for a good INGO user, the 4-door Silverado is the best of both; comfort for four passengers, and a huge bed to load all your range trip stuff!

Tiny Altima-not so much. ;)

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    JAMCO can probably do it. Interesting experience there. They have done a few things for us. Cheap too

JAMCO painted a bus for me years ago. They did a nice job, for a price I could live with. I wouldn't want them doing much to anything of great value to me, though.

You can source your own floorpan pretty easy, and I wouldn't think it would be an expensive job assuming it is just the pan that is bad. - https://www.carid.com/2006-nissan-a...place-crash-parts-floor-panels-174100040.html

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo

Yes, buy all the General Motors vehicles made in the U.S. so I can keep my job!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    YES, This!^^^^

Just like my wife's preference for a nice Tahoe. We let our son drive hers now, so we are in the market for another Chevrolet Earth-Ravager.

And, for a good INGO user, the 4-door Silverado is the best of both; comfort for four passengers, and a huge bed to load all your range trip stuff!

Tiny Altima-not so much. ;)

Oh how I'd love a brand new Tahoe. The newest iterations are good looking vehicles. Alas - We'll never have one.

And the Altima isn't THAT tiny. Can fit 5 people over 6' tall in that car. And the trunk is big, too.

This is a known problem on Maximas and Altimas.

Unfortunately. :(

I think so. Definitely the hood :):
    ]

I appreciate the reminder of that place. I think I'll pass.

You might try Walters Body Shop on Smith Valley. Duane and staff have been fast and fair to me

I told my wife to stop by there and see about an estimate today, actually. Thanks for the reminder!

How big are the rust holes? Grape fruit? Basketball? And are the rust holes jurt under the feet or does it extand under the seat?

I don't know the extent of it. What I do know is that at the very least, the driver's side is BAD. I inquired a few weeks ago about someone local to me having a car lift so I could examine it... Don't need to examine it now that I was able to rub my foot under there and dislodge pieces of my car. :(

Yes, buy all the General Motors vehicles made in the U.S. so I can keep my job!

If we could afford a new Silverado / Sierra - we would. Maybe. You'll have to rely on my inlaws to keep you in business, though, man.

Top Bottom