• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I got pulled over once (well, more than once...but this one time...) and the cop asked if I knew how fast I was going. I said I didn’t, (but I did...99mph) he said, it wasn’t triple digits but it was close. I knew that because my Chevy work truck wouldn’t go 100mph, stupid governor...

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I got pulled over once (well, more than once...but this one time...) and the cop asked if I knew how fast I was going. I said I didn’t, (but I did...99mph) he said, it wasn’t triple digits but it was close. I knew that because my Chevy work truck wouldn’t go 100mph, stupid governor...

Our Kibbutz trucks in Israel did not have govenors, but they did have INSANELY LOUD BUZZERS (that coukd not be turned off) that would activate when we drove over the speed limit

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Not that it entirely applies here, but how fast would you be willing to drive to save a loved one? Should start a poll.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Not that it entirely applies here, but how fast would you be willing to drive to save a loved one? Should start a poll.

Probably close to 100 mph, if i felt i could do so without being a high risk to others or myself. Wide open highway with little traffic- yep. Busy interstate/city- nope.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    It depends on what I was driving...when I had my 2006 Mustang GT I was much more comfortable going into the triple digits than I am with my jeep. Heck, I don’t think I have had the jeep over 80.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    All I could find with a web search is that she was believed to have been driving a Cadillac.
    Anyone got better details?
    I've had a couple of cars that were "comfortable" at 120+ and some that you damned well sure knew the pedal was too far down for too long.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Having seen some spectacular crashes on the autobahn, I stay within the speed limit or very close. Less stress when I set the cruise control at the speed limit. She has no excuse for going that fast and deserves what she gets.

Top Bottom