• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I give thanks to the Everlasting Father, King of kings, Lord of lords, Creator of Heaven and Earth, Omniscient, Omnipotent, YHWH, God, Jesus Christ, Saviour for all of the bountiful blessings He has lovingly bestowed on me.

Salvation, He lived, died and dipped His soul into Hell to provide for me and all men.

The Bible, wherein I learn of His love.

Wife who he cerateded to be the help mete (perfectly suited) for me.

Health, mental ability and strength.

Work that has provided sustainence for my family and I.

Employers who have provided the work.

Four daughters, son, two new sons, two grand daughters and three grand sons.

There are so many "things" that I could add, America, Freedom...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Received the following at work, if the snowflakes read it Thanksgiving is doomed!

Standingknee deep in the blood of brothers, a few months after the harvest of death inthe battles of Gettysburg and Vicksburg, the President saw a new way tounite the nation. He decided to proclaim the last Thursday in Novemberas an annual day of thanksgiving. In the midst of defeats and casualtiesand a nation caught between two worlds … and personally ill with a mild form ofsmall pox, which killed many at that time… Lincoln writes,

“I, AbrahamLincoln, President of the United States, do hereby appoint and set apart thelast Thursday in November next as a day which I desire to be observed by all myfellow-citizens, wherever they may be then, as a day of Thanksgiving and praiseto Almighty God, the beneficent Creator and Ruler of the Universe. And I dofurther recommend to my fellow-citizens… that on that occasion they doreverently humble themselves in the dust, and from thence offer up penitent andfervent prayers and supplications to the great Disposer of events for a returnof the inestimable blessings of peace, union, and harmony throughout the landwhich it has pleased him to assign as a dwelling – place for ourselves and forour posterity throughout all generations.”*

And later heproposed, “We say we are for the Union. The world will not forget thatwe say this. We know how to save the Union. The world knows we do know how tosave it. We -- even we here -- hold the power,and bear the responsibility….

The dogmas (true principles) of the quiet past, areinadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty,and we must rise -- with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must thinkanew, and act anew. **

One of our hospitals St. James in Chicago Heights opened onThanksgiving day in 1911. The building grew over the years… the communitywas served… and the privilege continues.
    Together we all,continue Christ’sministry in our Franciscan tradition wherever Weare in the system.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    For-each-new-morning-with-its-light_For.png

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’ve been thinking about this subject a lot the last few days. I’ve been blessed in many ways, and am thankful for more than I could ever list in this post.

I got news monday morning that a friend, a guy I had known and worked beside for 30 years, had been killed in a hunting accident Sunday evening. All I can say is that I’m very thankful for the memories I have of him.

Top Bottom