• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Waiting on a very expensive item from UPS. Watching the tracking and it's out for delivery today. I spot the truck in the neighborhood on my way out to work so I hang close for a few. Wife tells me the driver just pulled up so I turn around and head home to grab the package real quick. Get a text a few minutes later telling me the driver couldn't find my package on the truck. Really? Those trucks don't look all that big to me, wouldn't think it would take all that long to find it. Driver told my wife he'd be back so I'm sitting here holding my breath for that to happen.

Always something with UPS & Fedex, never fails.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    ha!

I have a batch of Black Friday, not that expensive stuff and UPS update told me that it is in Indy, but that a trailer was late arriving to the terminal, so they don't know when the delivery will be.

Wait.

Its been 12 miles away since 11:30 last night.

How difficult is this, really.

(I know, I know, its more complicated than I can possibly imagine.)

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I actually believe it. The drivers don’t load their own trucks. They have to sort thru a number of packages to find yours. Also, their schedule for delivery is all messed up. Their route is pre-determined every morning. It’s a new system UPS has developed to be more efficient on their deliveries.

The UPS drivers hate it.

Also, this time of year, it’s all messed up because of Christmas shopping.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    ha!

I have a batch of Black Friday, not that expensive stuff and UPS update told me that it is in Indy, but that a trailer was late arriving to the terminal, so they don't know when the delivery will be.

Wait.

Its been 12 miles away since 11:30 last night.

How difficult is this, really.

(I know, I know, its more complicated than I can possibly imagine.)

I got the same message then half an hour later it said on the truck for delivery

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    On the bright side, UPS and FedEx almost always bring fun or at least neutral stuff. Bad stuff like bills are the bailiwick of the dreaded USPS!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Smaller parts/pieces are now shoved off to the USPS for delivery. Zero effective tracking on some. 7 to 10 working days has been the norm for delivery.

I can and have ordered parts for my 64 Impala restoration project and gotten them on my doorstep the next afternoon. These boxes are near to and exceed 100Lbs at times and they get here PDQ.

A 3oz (or lighter) part for a 1911 takes 2 weeks. WTF.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    supposedly my package arrived in indy and now they can't say why but they can't deliver it and can't give me an estimate of when they can

Your package scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, 11/29/2017 may be delayed due to unexpected circumstances. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    Exception Reason: Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed.
    Exception Resolution: Delivery will be rescheduled.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Count yourself lucky they don't just leave it at the mailbox instead of driving up the hill.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Just make sure the brown Santa at the door isn't really the Grinch. Last year in Houston a guy opened the door to a UPS guy holding box only to find out it was a home invasion. Homeowner got a fractured skull and 28 staples in his noggin. This year two UPS guys got robbed inside their UPS truck. The robbers took their cell phones, wallets, and...uniforms.

Man in UPS uniform, 3 others accused of assaulting, robbing...

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...-while-delivering-packages-in-west-university

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Waiting on a very expensive item from UPS. Watching the tracking and it's out for delivery today. I spot the truck in the neighborhood on my way out to work so I hang close for a few. Wife tells me the driver just pulled up so I turn around and head home to grab the package real quick. Get a text a few minutes later telling me the driver couldn't find my package on the truck. Really? Those trucks don't look all that big to me, wouldn't think it would take all that long to find it. Driver told my wife he'd be back so I'm sitting here holding my breath for that to happen.

Always something with UPS & Fedex, never fails.

My guess would be that they're trying to make each stop go quickly because they have so many packages to deliver.
    So if it takes any time at all to find a package, they'll just claim they can't find it.

I had a UPS package the driver said he couldn't find.
    It was a small package.

I gave him a sob story about how mad my wife would be, and could he just look again.
    He FINALLY found it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    When we ran hartatac we'd get lots of 40# PMAGS boxes around this time of year. Fairly easy to find those 100-mag cases and still they had to search the truck for a while sometimes

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    It's now been 18 months since I've had to put that raggedy brown uniform on (retired) , don't miss any of it this time of year except for some of the people I no longer see. Got word all the regional hubs (Indy, Chicago/CACH) ran sorts this Holiday to process the plethora of inbound volume forecast via rail. Two extended centers that I know of had so many trailers stacked up on their lots Monday morning for preload to process....that they couldn't process it all in one day for delivery (according to time in transit, a lot of that volume shouldn't have been on Mondays' sort schedule anyways, they were trying to get a jump on it), hence packages will show @ X and the consumer will now be tapping their toe wondering why their package is mere miles away and not out for delivery. I can tell you that where I'm located, for a driver to have left the building Monday with a package car containing less than floor to ceiling, front to back would have been a rarity.

During peak a lot of these drivers will deliver 200+ stops with 350+ packages per day plus make their normal assigned pick-ups.

Any questions?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's now been 18 months since I've had to put that raggedy brown uniform on (retired) , don't miss any of it this time of year except for some of the people I no longer see. Got word all the regional hubs (Indy, Chicago/CACH) ran sorts this Holiday to process the plethora of inbound volume forecast via rail. Two extended centers that I know of had so many trailers stacked up on their lots Monday morning for preload to process....that they couldn't process it all in one day for delivery (according to time in transit, a lot of that volume shouldn't have been on Mondays' sort schedule anyways, they were trying to get a jump on it), hence packages will show @ X and the consumer will now be tapping their toe wondering why their package is mere miles away and not out for delivery. I can tell you that where I'm located, for a driver to have left the building Monday with a package car containing less than floor to ceiling, front to back would have been a rarity.

During peak a lot of these drivers will deliver 200+ stops with 350+ packages per day plus make their normal assigned pick-ups.

Any questions?

No questions at all. I understand completely. This is one of the reasons they put the small stuff out to USPS so they can loose it.

Top Bottom