• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If it’s restricted to event attendees then sure. If it’s open to the public at the same time my kids wouldn’t be going and my kids are city folk.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    No way in hell. The Eagle Creek area has become a real **** hole and I would go elsewhere with my group. I know. I’ve lived there for 30 years and seen the change, sadly.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    It's a super rough area people have been mugged on the parking lot.

I would suggest "wheels of wonder" or "the Franklin skate club" or that skating rink in Avon, it changed names/owners a few years ago so I can't remember the name.

Hell at this point the roller cave down at 20th and post is waaaaaay better than skateland.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In the last 2 weeks, within 1/2 mile of SkateLand:
    4 Assaults
    4 Thefts
    2 motor vehicle break-ins
    2 vandalisms
    2 "multiple incidents"
    3 Other incidents
    1 Disorderly conduct

At the Skateland address, only a motor vehicle break-in in the last 2 months.

All according to:
    https://indy.safetown.org/reports-viewer/

Lol, or a weekend in a crappy apartment complex in Carmel.

Kut (doesn't miss Mohawk Hills)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My sister was the live on site manager of the public storage facility right by the Skate land.
    I can tell you some storys about the whacks that frequent that **** hole.
    It was a great place when my kids were growing up. Went there a lot.
    Not anymore unless you enjoy being abused by low lifes.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I used to be a ref for womens flat track roller derby. I have skated at many skating rinks all over the midwest, all the way out to Eau Claire Wisconsin. One of my first bouts i ref'ed it was at a skating rink in Kentucky, there were dead cockroaches in the small party room they gave us as a locker room to get ready in.

I would happily go back to that rink before i would skate at skateland again.

Now its mentioned that they will be the only ones there.... Unlikely. People pay attention to things that are different. People notice a skating ri.nk in the city typically has "city" type vehicles coming and going, with a typical "city" looking crowd going in and out. In other words people that 'belong' there Now something different happens, the lot is empty when it shouldnt be, now there are "country" type vehicles in the lot, and "country" type folks going in and out. People that don't belong there. That will not go unnoticed, so now people think....hey these folks are not used to city life, they may have valuables, in their cars, and they are going to be inside for an hour, or 2 or 3 (i dont know how long normal people skate i could go all day and night). So the locals, wander over and start looting. or maybe they figure the folks are soft, bc after all they are "tough, hardened city people" So now some one gets mugged, or assaulted.

Now I know my crowd around here, ya'll are not weak country bumpkins, you are all aware, armed, trained, and willing to protect yourself and your own. The best way to win a fight is to avoid it.

Basically, skateland is generally not a place nice folks go to. If you are in a position to make suggestions as to where the kids want to skate, be a it a church thing, a birthday, a wedding, what ever. Pick a nice place like avon, or the franklin skate club, the folks over the the franklin skate club are so incredibly nice and friendly. I went there a week before thanksgiving a year ago or so, and the folks running the show there said they were having a pitch in dinner there for thanksgiving, just them, but my friend and i were welcome to come join them if we didnt have a place to go. Just lovely people there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Really? Got stats like these for Carmel? Or are you just trying to get someone to take the bait? And why the lol? Do you think this is funny?

Well, if you think it's bait... you failed at not taking it. Calm down bro, it ain't that serious, just making light that those figures aren't exactly atypical in many places.

Top Bottom