• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I ordered an upper 2.5 weeks ago that showed 2 in stock. After 2.5 weeks, I review the email to see it says it’ll be approx 25 days until shipped. I just emailed them asking for a comparable model. But, last week I ordered some Strike Industries Gear and the email then said 7-16 days until it’ll ship. I tried to change an order and got no response from customer service. I checked again and several days later, it says 8-17 more days.

Is this crap typical of opticsplanet?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Notorious for the most part... I've got something from them I am waiting on. I went ahead and too the gamble because I don't need it right away and I can wait a month for it... However, we will see!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I ordered an upper 2.5 weeks ago that showed 2 in stock. After 2.5 weeks, I review the email to see it says it’ll be approx 25 days until shipped. I just emailed them asking for a comparable model. But, last week I ordered some Strike Industries Gear and the email then said 7-16 days until it’ll ship. I tried to change an order and got no response from customer service. I checked again and several days later, it says 8-17 more days.

Is this crap typical of opticsplanet?

That's pretty common from them. I talked to a guy last week who ordered a scope at a great price in March. He has been told "2 weeks" when he calls every 2 weeks since then. The scope showed in stock, even though I know for a absolute fact Vortex got the very first shipment in for inspection in early April. They get away with playing these games because the gun community as a group (not individuals) has a very short memory.

Wait till you try and cancel your order to get the hold off your card. I know several people who tried to cancel their order for a month before disputing the charges to get it canceled.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We have had pretty good luck getting things shipped to us. I returned an item using their return shipping label. The tracking showed that their carrier had taken possession of it from the post office and then never showed anything more. I emailed them and they replied within a day saying they had received the item and I would be notified when their returns department processed it. I have not yet had any further emails and nothing has been credited back to my card. Based on what has been shared here, I guess I need to email and/or call them tomorrow to see what the status is of the return so I can get my money refunded.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Its been a few years now, but i ordered a scope that showed in stock and after 2 weeks of no more info other than a confirmation email of pruchase, I emailed them. Response was it is out of stock and may be 3-4 weeks. Showed my displeasure with them and got a refund. Haven't tried them since.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My last contact with them regarding the return was 11/24. I just assumed they are busy with the holidays, etc. We have ordered quite a few things from them without issues.

I can always call Capital One to dispute the charge if needed or get them involved in getting the refund handled, but I prefer not to do that if I don't have to. They have been great when we have had issues in the past regarding items purchased on the card.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive always had great luck with them. No complaints here.

I think the difference is everyone upthread has referenced "awesome deals". None of mine were anything to write home about. Just average stuff that they happened to carry.

Maybe they are getting greedy with special deals and overselling?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I treat them like Botach, always know it can be a roll of the dice. Sometimes the price and offer is worth the risk. :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I had heard bad things about them, but took a risk ordering a couple small things through their Amazon storefront. Those orders went fine, so I developed a sense of confidence in them, at least through Amazon. Was looking for Volquartsen grips for my Victory 22 and they were one of a few places who had them in stock, so I ordered from them. Took an exceptionally long time to get them and when I did, they were the wrong color (ordered grey and they shipped yellow). God awful ugly color BTW. Amazon had an option when I tried processing the return that said the vendor would send me a new, correct item and then I could send the wrong order back when I received them. I figured that would be the best bet, but they emailed me the next day saying they didn't honor that option and the best I could do was ship them back and they would send me the right grips. Due to the length of time I had waited (2 months or something like that) I told them I'd rather have them refund my order. After several days of back and forth they finally agreed and refunded only the cost of the grips, not the shipping, which was extra for that order. Took a couple of weeks of emails back and forth to get that straightened out. Through the whole thing, I never had them say sorry, they acted like I was at fault and they never offered to give me a discount on another order or anything to make up for their screwup. I'll never order anything through them again. Too many other places with great service to buy from, I certainly will never give any more business to those idiots.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ive always had great luck with them. No complaints here.

I think the difference is everyone upthread has referenced "awesome deals". None of mine were anything to write home about. Just average stuff that they happened to carry.

Maybe they are getting greedy with special deals and overselling?

I have had from Meh just OK (terribly long shipping waits Ala PSA) to horrible. Terrible CS.
    We are done with them. The very few dollars one "Might" save is not worth the dice roll towards the issues one might have with them.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Leopold scout scope in silver finish. Ordered in June one year. (Second year of PCR rifles for deer) in stock OK price. Free shipping at that time with the cost of the scope. jULY no scope silver backordered. Aug passed no scope backordered. All the while my money was in those greedy bastards hands. Bank called final day of August. They got my money back in my account sept 4 sept 5 placed same order with SWFA got the scope and a set of warns QD rings for OP’s price but I did pay like 4 dollars shipping.

Sept 7 my card was charged for the purchase and the scope and rings shipped out of the SWFA warehouse and arrived UPS in three days.

At at that time optics planet was dead to me. Do not charge me for something you said you have and don’t.

this is the same situation many who would like to have NFA items face. I have to purchase the item and the stamp then wait 7-14 months to get the satisfaction from the money spent.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Ordered a few items, mostly in stock EoTech back in the day and it showed up a fee days later, found out that I was one of the few to actually get what I ordered, I avoid at all cost as it is not worth possibly saving a few dollars for the hassle.

LA Police gear ends up getting a lot of my business but seems even they have really ramped down their in stock items and are ordering from the manufacturer at time of order now as well.

No one wants to fund in stock items, easier for everyone to get their cut and not have to sit on product. It is this way everywhere now. Walk into any dealer and ask for a part and they will ask if you want standard freight or want to pay extra for overnight delivery.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    ^^^^^^^ this but.

over 90 days to hold money on what I would call a bait and switch or at least bait and wait. Optics planet dead to me.
    Allen will get my money or SWFA. Both easy to deal with. Both don’t bait and wait.

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I guess I got lucky. I have never ordered from them before last month. Ordered a holster on the 22nd and it shipped the same day. Received it the following Monday (27th).

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You guys are making me nervous since my refund is about $700 that I am waiting on. I called them and after about 10 minutes on hold, I spoke with a CS rep who informed me they did have the item and my refund should be processed by the end of the week. Returns take 7 to 10 business days to process and with this being the busy time of the year, most are taking the full 10 days. So...if my refund isn't processed by Capital One by Monday, I guess I will be calling them back.

I was surprised I got someone with a relatively short amount of time on hold. Far different than my experience with the USPS customer service number where the average hold time is usually at least 90 minutes when I call.

We have not had significant issues with them and usually get fairly fast deliveries so I'm a little surprised at the number of negative comments here...definitely something that we will need to think about for future orders.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Google them. These comments would be considered positive compared to what you see across the net.

I do read the reviews online but also keep in mind that most positive reviews never get shared so considering the size of their business and the number of customers they must have, I try to balance that with personal experience. How they handle this return/refund will help us decide if we will order from them again in the future. I did order a set of scope rings yesterday from their site that showed just one set left in stock so we'll see how long those take to get here.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Optics Planet, for me, is only if:
    1) A killer deal &
    2) I’m ok with it taking weeks or months to arrive & ok with order getting canceled & funds returned.

I’ve not ordered from them in a few years, if memory serves.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    They emailed me back and told me politely to screw off. They weren’t changing my order, and I could place a new order if I wasn’t happy with my item showing in stock, but them being out of stock.

Top Bottom