• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I have three issued rebates from Menards totaling over $550. These were issued on 08/29 and 09/26. I've yet to receive any in the mail. I'm beginning to think something has happened.

I emailed through the rebates page so hopefully they get back to me.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Now that you mention it I have one for $45 I have yet to receive. I do not have the paperwork near but it was mailed in probably September/October.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I have had this happen to me. It is very easy to tell what they are and I believe they are stolen by someone at the mail service.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    We occasionally have some come up missing. Only once have they ever refused to provide a 2nd one and that was when the stolen one had already been redeemed.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I loathe mail-in rebates. I won't participate in them, and I find myself staying away from the stores that advertise them.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    The new ones I just got don't look like they used to, it looks like an advertisement now. I'm sure it won't take long for a thief to figure out but I almost threw it away when I got the last one.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yes, the rebate portion is folded into the advertisement so you can't see how much it is without opening it up. It's the same size and color as the old ones.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I have had this happen to me. It is very easy to tell what they are and I believe they are stolen by someone at the mail service.

Man I hope they weren't stolen.

We occasionally have some come up missing. Only once have they ever refused to provide a 2nd one and that was when the stolen one had already been redeemed.

Did you email through the site for a replacement?

You can track them here: http://www.rebateinternational.com/RebateInternational/tracking.do

At least to see if they were issued, and if someone else nabbed them and redeemed them.

Yeah I've looked mine up. The rebates in question show issued but I haven't received them yet.

Last edited:

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    They should say "Issued" with a date. If they say "Processing" still then they havent been mailed yet.

If you havent got them in 2 months the Id say they got lost/stolen in the mail. I would call them.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    They should say "Issued" with a date. If they say "Processing" still then they havent been mailed yet.

If you havent got them in 2 months the Id say they got lost/stolen in the mail. I would call them.

My mistake. They have been issued. I edited my previous post.

That's the only way I know to contact them. It's frustrating and slow, but they will eventually get back to you (may take over a week).

Thanks. I emailed them.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We cashed in approx. $3k in Menards rebates last year and never had a problem. Now that the project is completed we've done a few hundred in rebates this year with no problems. YMMV

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I loathe mail-in rebates. I won't participate in them, and I find myself staying away from the stores that advertise them.

We cashed in approx. $3k in Menards rebates last year and never had a problem. Now that the project is completed we've done a few hundred in rebates this year with no problems. YMMV

I haven't really had any issues so far myself with Menards rebates, though my largest rebate has been like $12. I generally get them reasonably quickly and no issues to date with Menards. Other rebates from other companies, not so much. Menards has generally been the best, along with Staples on rebate fulfillment.

Happened to look up a rebate yesterday from Monroe shocks that I submitted electronically a couple of months ago, no website info listed on the copies of the forms I kept, etc, so searched online and found a website to check status. Checked it and found out I had been declined almost a month ago, but no letter, no notification, etc. Called in, with my copies of my submission in hand and the person on the phone could see the scan of my receipt/submission in their system and agreed everything looked good and it should not have been declined, and approved it for me. We'll see if I get it this time.

Also called about my S&W rebate, I submitted 2 months ago electronically -- no record of it yet (which how that can happen with an electronic submission, not sure, except they must have some middlemen in between submission and processing) and told me to wait another week.

So yes, rebates are hit and miss, but I'd say Menards is one of the best, except that I wish they had a way to submit it online (like Staples does). Menards does have the online tracking at least.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    So yes, rebates are hit and miss

My main complaint is made clear by looking at why mail-in rebates exist. The company is actually spending more money to operate the rebate than they would to simply discount the items at the time of sale, so it's not just a way to offer lower prices.

The goal is that they can advertise (for instance) $250 while actually charging you $275. Then they hope that you do one of the following: forget to submit the rebate, lose the rebate, or simply never use the rebate. The goal for the company is that enough people miss out on the rebate that the program actually makes money over its cost of operation.

Anytime a company advertises one price while having a goal of, on average, charging the customer more than that, it feels incredibly scummy to me.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Happened to look up a rebate yesterday from Monroe shocks that I submitted electronically a couple of months ago, no website info listed on the copies of the forms I kept, etc, so searched online and found a website to check status. Checked it and found out I had been declined almost a month ago, but no letter, no notification, etc. Called in, with my copies of my submission in hand and the person on the phone could see the scan of my receipt/submission in their system and agreed everything looked good and it should not have been declined, and approved it for me. We'll see if I get it this time.
    Thanks for the reminder, totally forgot about that one and didn't get it... gonna look it up.

My main complaint is made clear by looking at why mail-in rebates exist. The company is actually spending more money to operate the rebate than they would to simply discount the items at the time of sale, so it's not just a way to offer lower prices.

The goal is that they can advertise (for instance) $250 while actually charging you $275. Then they hope that you do one of the following: forget to submit the rebate, lose the rebate, or simply never use the rebate. The goal for the company is that enough people miss out on the rebate that the program actually makes money over its cost of operation.

Anytime a company advertises one price while having a goal of, on average, charging the customer more than that, it feels incredibly scummy to me.
    To each his own, but I will happily take advantage of the people that forget/lose it/etc to get a cheaper product. The fact of the matter is, because they are counting on people to not send it in, the product is discounted much more than they could do if they simply discounted it.

IE, Menards free after rebate or even "Make A Buck". I'm well aware that a company cannot make money paying me to take product. Certainly there are people not getting their rebates for a multitude of reasons, but if it's because they forgot to send it in or they lost it, then I absolutely think it's their problem. I, OTOH, am diligent about rebates. We have an entire binder dedicated to rebates, every one that is sent in gets recorded and tracked. If it doesn't show up, or it shows up in the wrong amount, it's addressed promptly (and usually taken care of). And on many occasions I get paid to take products because the company is banking on other customers that must not be sending them in...

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Just an FYI. Home Depot also gives 11% back on purchases made while Menards is offering their rebate. Ask for a rebate form at the register.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom