Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Wireless home security cameras

I have been looking into wireless home security camera systems and am not really getting anywhere. What I am looking for are 100% wireless systems. I want WIFI battery powered cameras. Where I am wanting to put them would be a real chore to run power cables. I can find the wifi systems all over the place but am having a hard time finding the battery powered ones. Anyone out there have this type of system, and if so what brand are you using and how do you like it? Any help would be appreciated.
    It's all true!!! The Boogieman IS real, and you found him!!!

Expert

User Info Menu

Don't do it if you can do a little work to avoid them. Or do a split between most wire and some wireless as needed.

User Info Menu

I purchased a wired system last year, I was concerned about quality and hackability with a wireless signal. I would like to be able to access the system remotely one of these days though!
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nra4ever View Post
    Don't do it if you can do a little work to avoid them. Or do a split between most wire and some wireless as needed.
    Ok any particular reason?
    It's all true!!! The Boogieman IS real, and you found him!!!

Expert

User Info Menu

1. battery life
    2. Great against the common thief but not against someone will a little sophistication.
    3. Some wireless still require wires for power. At that point just make it all wired.
    4. Cost
    5. Image quality.
    Battery life gets to be a PIA after a while. Needs regular maintenance vs a wired system that will chug along for years with no maintenance.
    Last edited by nra4ever; 12-06-2017 at 18:34.

Master

User Info Menu

I take care of 100's of camera's on a high security building or buildings.

I wrote a huge reply to this with tips and hints. Seems this iPhone 5 times out or something.

Pm me with real questions or we can talk.

If you want outdoor security cam without power I would not recommend it. It will fail when you need it. Look at a lens and zoom that will cover the location you need from where you can get power and run cables.

also remember that outdoor cams placed on say a pole or high advantage location is very welcoming to lighting strikes. We prefer to use fiber to the head end and cam. Converting it back to copper (light poles ) when not if you get a strike it takes out the camera or power supply fuses maybe the converter but not the head end.

Pm me with any question. We can exchange phone numbers

Marksman

User Info Menu

Arlo pro by net gear. So far Iíve had good luck.. comes with free limited monitoring and support. Rechargeable and weatherproof and expandable somewhat. I have had one instance in 7 months of usage for approx 6-8 hrs i lost access and it was on Black Friday. Batteries last 2.5-3 months depending on how often you actively view them. Range and resolution is pretty good and you get text and email alerts when motion or excessive sound is detected.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Ring.com has wireless versions. The doorbell/camera combo claims "up to a year" for battery between charges, don't remember what the battery powered cameras (without doorbell) is supposed to last. Looking at them for myself, know two people who have the doorbell cameras and are happy with them.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
    Ring.com has wireless versions. The doorbell/camera combo claims "up to a year" for battery between charges, don't remember what the battery powered cameras (without doorbell) is supposed to last. Looking at them for myself, know two people who have the doorbell cameras and are happy with them.
    I know several who have gone this way. All are pleased.

AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast