• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I had to. 10% effective. Used to take 80 adults to get a shot to stop one from getting influenza. Wonder how many it will take
    this time.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I got mine almost a month ago. At that time they were bragging what a good match it appeared to be this year.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Never will i get one. Thermisol(mercury), aluminum, formaldehyde, and lots of other good stuff. I cant imagine why i don't want one, that and I stay as far away from Big Pharma as possible. Here's a link to some of the wonderful ingredients in this years flu shot. While they say all these ingredients are safe, make your own decisions. I know I have.
    https://www.passporthealthusa.com/2016/10/what-ingredients-are-in-the-flu-shot/

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I haven't had a flu shot since I was in high school and our swimming coach took us all down to a doctor and MADE us get one if we wanted to continue on the team.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    No flu shot for me, wife, or kids this year. I typically never get it but the wife and kids usually do. But last year a few weeks after my wife got her shot she started to experience numbness in her arms and legs. Several doctor appointments and an MRI the doctors suspect she has never damage similar to guillain-barre. Both of her doctors won't say it's because of the flu shot but after hearing her symptoms the 1st question they both asked was did you get a flu shot. She's a nurse and is required to get the shot but both her PCP and the neurologist said they would right a note recommending that she should be exempt from future shots. A year later she is still battling the numbness, she can barely get down on the floor and play a game with the kids because of the pain and she's a pretty tough cookie.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    No flu shot for me, wife, or kids this year. I typically never get it but the wife and kids usually do. But last year a few weeks after my wife got her shot she started to experience numbness in her arms and legs. Several doctor appointments and an MRI the doctors suspect she has never damage similar to guillain-barre. Both of her doctors won't say it's because of the flu shot but after hearing her symptoms the 1st question they both asked was did you get a flu shot. She's a nurse and is required to get the shot but both her PCP and the neurologist said they would right a note recommending that she should be exempt from future shots. A year later she is still battling the numbness, she can barely get down on the floor and play a game with the kids because of the pain and she's a pretty tough cookie.

I’ve heard of this before, I’ll take my chances with the flu.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    last management meeting they had a nurse set up to give us all our shots. not mandatory, but highly recommended. So I got it. Early November I believe it was.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I'll stick to hand-washing, hand sanitizer, and generally avoiding people. Seems to be pretty effective against more than just the flu.

Other benefits to that include lower stress and blood-pressure levels, better financial stability, and you always know that your hedge clippers are right where you left them in the garage.

Seven years after the CDC went from recommending only those in certain high-risk groups get the vaccine to recommending that all people get the vaccine, I wonder if the statistical confidence is greater in studies of flu mortality or in studies of corporate quarterly earnings.

Last edited:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN

My brother to this day still battles the symptoms of Guillain-Barre Syndrome - all because of a flu shot he received 8 years ago. He got expert opinions from the Cleveland Clinic and the Mayo Clinic.

My thoughts and prayers will be with your wife and your family.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've never had one....that I know of.*

No huge reason why, just never have.

*Uncle Sam gave a lot of shots. If they told me what all of them were, I don't remember.

Top Bottom