• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I did not read the Bill but why even think about doing this.

The controversy has been exacerbated by city councilwoman Cindy Bass's reason for pushing the bill. In effect, she told WTFX in Philly, she doesn't want constituents' feelings to be hurt:
    “We want to make sure that there isn't this sort of indignity, in my opinion, to serving food through plexiglass only in certain neighborhoods.”

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    How horrible. Why not suggest those same neighborhoods are forbidden from putting bars on their windows and doors too. See how much the citizens like her caring for their dignity.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The controversy has been exacerbated by city councilwoman Cindy Bass's reason for pushing the bill. In effect, she told WTFX in Philly, she doesn't want constituents' feelings to be hurt:
    “We want to make sure that there isn't this sort of indignity, in my opinion, to serving food through plexiglass only in certain neighborhoods.”

What about the indignity of being shot while serving food "only in certain neighborhoods"?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I could go 100 miles with this idiocy. Let work on the reasons that these "Certain" neighborhoods need the barriers. Work the problem people. Find a solution.
    Hurt feelings....seriously. Is this what we have come to now.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I say there should be a bill that any legislation that is attempted due to "feelings" automatically fails and the person introducing it is removed from office.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    FTA:

"She says she wants to put some controls on these small stores that, from her point of view, sell booze, very little food and are a source of trouble for her district."

That statement tells me she doesnt want the trouble in her neighborhood. So she is doing the typical liberal Democrat tactic and undercutting the business because she doesnt have the power to directly shut them down.

She wants to make it so painful to operate that they either throw in the towel and shut down voluntarily, or are quite literally destroyed. (hard to run a store when you are dead)

After all, if they arent there, they cant cause trouble. Problem solved, right? :rolleyes:

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I've been to Stores late at night that use the Drawer like the Drive-Up at the Bank. My thoughts, That Clerk can go home to their family at the end of their shift. A few weeks ago a clerk at the Meijer gas station here was Murdered. The perp shot him in the face with a sawed off shotgun, for a Carton of Cigarettes. Maybe the Councilwoman could spend a couple weeks at a convenience store on the Graveyard Shift. With her the Stupid goes clear to the Bone.........

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've been to Stores late at night that use the Drawer like the Drive-Up at the Bank. My thoughts, That Clerk can go home to their family at the end of their shift. A few weeks ago a clerk at the Meijer gas station here was Murdered. The perp shot him in the face with a sawed off shotgun, for a Carton of Cigarettes. Maybe the Councilwoman could spend a couple weeks at a convenience store on the Graveyard Shift. With her the Stupid goes clear to the Bone.........

Yes
    Make her work ther, just like you said.
    Same thing with people that disarm pizza delivery people.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Wow! I buy gas at several stations that have the push thru drawer mounted in presumably bullet proof glass. Nice neighborhoods too! Didn't know I was supposed to be indignant about it; does anybody have a rulebook I can borrow so I can figure out when I'm supposed to be indignant?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Because doing something that may result in businesses not needing to put up barriers would also offend her constituency.

Top Bottom