• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    I didn't see this posted so I thought I'd put it here. Starting on January 5, 2018, Lowes will no longer give
    a 10% military discount at the register by showing your military ID. You need to go to www.lowes.com/military
    and register for a mylowes account. This is open to all veterans except those discharged dishonorably or for
    bad conduct. It will also now be good for online purchases as well. So apparently you will no longer need to
    drag out the DD214 if you aren't active or retired.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    The myLowes veteran verification is fairly quick and easy, and if you don't have the myLowes keychain barcode you can enter your phone number at a register.

The discount is a very generous benefit offered by Lowe's.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I think this is why Menards is always offering a 11% rebate most of the time. I prefer Lowes as they have always been nice in Michigan City.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just so you know, the discount is only good to $5000 or $500 discount, so you can’t build your whole house at a 10%discount, only part of it at a time.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I actually used to carry a reduced copy of my discharge and I would show it at check out. One of the cashiers told me about registering - and it was simple and took very little time. Now I just give them my phone number at checkout. Easy peasy. And better than Menards - their discount is for 11% - but you have to apply on line or by mail and then wait 6-8 weeks.

Lowes is currently also offering an 11% discount which is given via a credit card good at Lowe’s OR other retailers. I think it’s good thru 12/24.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    When you register they tie it to your Lowes card if you have one and you don't have to show your ID anymore...it automatically applies the discount.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    thanks for the heads up. we use Lowe's specifically because they are a good company to veterans. I will get the hubby signed up ASAP.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It rejected my service the first time. I had to change Tom to Thomas.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I just took my dd214 in (a month or so ago) to the counter and in about 5 minutes I was ready to go. When I purchase something I just give them my phone number and it applies my 10% discount.

Not sure how many leather workers we have but Tandy leather also gives a veteran's discount. You get their best wholesale pricing (Elite) which is a very substantial discount over their standard retail pricing. I also just received a $20 gift card from Tandy's.

https://www.tandyleather.com/en/military-appreciation-program.html

Ron

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This has actually been a thing for over 6 months. I was in line behind two different guys on different days being denied trying to show their ID to get the discount. This was late spring or early summer. Neither was very happy with the "unannounced change". Seriously? What do you want? Commercials? Engraved invites?

And the one guy who was coming unglued to the poor cashier saying it was "unacceptable" had maybe $20 worth of stuff on the counter.

Sounds like they may have had enough blowback to allow flashing your ID again and start a campaign to give the discount and inform everyone who uses it because the two times I was made aware of it they were not given the discounts.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This would be great, if I ever shopped at Lowe's.
    I actually can't stand that place.
    The Lowe's in Lafayette can't do anything right.
    None of their employees are even slightly knowledgeable in the area they work.
    Customer service is nonexistent... need I continue?

I spend quite a bit of money in home improvement box stores around Lafayette, but I only shop at Lowe's if I can't find what I'm looking for somewhere else.

I'm a veteran, and I'd like a discount, but I don't need the headaches I get when I try to deal with Lowe's.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I prefer the Home Depot for most things, but this was too easy to sign up for, and the Lowe's is much closer to my home, and is too convenient.

Signing up took all of five minutes. Thanks to OP for posting the link.

Top Bottom