• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2015
    Lexington
    I am passing on the following which I received in an email from Oath Keepers...

Veterans Sought for Marine's Funeral
    by David Codrea
    Glenn M. Shelton 1949 - 2017

"Glenn M. Shelton, 68, formerly of Louisville, passed away November 26, 2017," a Sunday obituary notice announced. "He served in the United States Marines in Vietnam, earning a purple heart."

I did not know Mr. Shelton. I still know nothing about him after searching for him on the internet. I do not know if he was a Republican, a Democrat, or anything else. I have no idea what he would have thought of Oath Keepers.

In short, I know nothing of who Glenn M. Shelton was. Neither, evidently, do those planning his services.

"Mr. Shelton's family information is unknown," the notice says. "The funeral home is inviting any Veterans, organizations, or members of the public who would like to attend his services."

That's sad. Especially for a man who risked it all and paid a price in blood. It evokes a haunting stanza from, of all things, a song by The Beatles:

Eleanor Rigby died in the church
    And was buried along with her name
    Nobody came

All the lonely people...
    If you live in the area and would care to honor a Marine:

"Visitation will be held Saturday, December 16, 2017 from 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. at Indiana Funeral Care, 8151 Allisonville Road, Indianapolis. A Veteran themed funeral service will follow at 1:00 p.m. Burial will take place privately at Indiana Veterans Memorial Cemetery, Madison, Indiana."

Here's a link to a map and directions. https://www.google.com/maps/place/I...9716bd8a2a2f7ad7!8m2!3d39.904028!4d-86.078286

If more information can be found out, Shelton's name should be enrolled with the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor, which does not have a comprehensive list and relies on information from surviving family and friends. https://www.thepurpleheart.com/enrollment/

Top Bottom