• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Monroe County votes 4-3 to adopt food and beverage tax | Indiana Daily Student

...Dozens of signs were waved, six people stormed out of the room and the debate lasted five hours, but Monroe County has officially adopted a Food and Beverage Tax.

It passed 4-3.

It will be a 1-percent tax on prepared foods and beverages to fund the expansion of the Bloomington Convention Center.

The seats were full in the Nat U. Hill Meeting Room of the Monroe County Courthouse as the public voiced their support or opposition to the tax. A man walked around, offering card stock baring the word “NO” printed to fellow residents...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Certainly when the Convention Center expansion is completed the tax will be repealed. Then with the extra revenue events at the Convention Center provides, a tax refund will be made.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Certainly when the Convention Center expansion is completed the tax will be repealed. Then with the extra revenue events at the Convention Center provides, a tax refund will be made.
    tenor.gif

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!

Yes just like the one in Marion County was repealed. You know the one that was implemented to help build Lucas oil stadium. The one that is still 9% when you buy a hamburger at Wendys.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Yes just like the one in Marion County was repealed. You know the one that was implemented to help build Lucas oil stadium. The one that is still 9% when you buy a hamburger at Wendys.
    Marion County Food & Beverage tax is 2%, added to the state wide 7% sales tax does end up being an additional 9% to your burger.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

People laugh when I say that I put a partial boycott on this stuff. It's fairly easy though when its a simple choice to go to Monroe County or Morgan County or Marion County for matter. Sure, I still do some business in the taxing counties, but if there is a choice, I do not. It also helps me to drive by restaurants to eat better food at home.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Where has all the money gone from those damn parking meters they put in a few years ago? To my untrained eye, Bloomington's infrastructure looks just as ****** today as it did 3-4 years ago. Man, they were nailing things to trees they wanted them up so badly.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Where has all the money gone from those damn parking meters they put in a few years ago? To my untrained eye, Bloomington's infrastructure looks just as ****** today as it did 3-4 years ago. Man, they were nailing things to trees they wanted them up so badly.

An inch at a time to become Chicago or Commiefornia...

Looking to buy? Housing market predictions for 2018

The Hidden Cost of California's Housing Crisis | The Weekly Standard

California housing crisis affecting middle class the most: It's 'a broken system' | Fox News

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville

And lottery is for schools and roads and tolls go away after highways and bridges are paid off. I'm sure the donut counties Lucas Oil taxes will cease when that place is paid off.

Top Bottom