• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Had to go to the New Castle "Criminal Justice Center" today to see the County Clerks office. Expected the "new" security protocol there and got more than I expected. One way in, one way out, deputy saying empty pockets in this container, and a big scanner to walk through. All expected, so I had left critical material in the truck before I went in. I did not expect the NO CELL PHONES in building sign. Deputy was very nice when I told him I had cell in my pocket and was unaware until I saw the sign, and he said I would have to take it back to vehicle as "The Judge" has ordered no phones in building.

WTF!!! Is this really a security issue or is it paranoid(afraid that someone will record something like a rough takedown) or is "The Judge" PO'ed at cell phones ringing when he walks down the hallway? I get the need for this policy in the actual courtroom, but the whole building is ridiculous.

May rant for the day, carry on.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I understand the courtroom part of it and do not disagree with that, but the whole building is not courtrooms, it contains many other offices. Just seems to be one more liberty restriction without good cause. I suggest that they place all courtrooms on one upper floor and install their "security" there since this (The court) is the basis of the restrictions. No real need to secure the whole facility from cell phones. But... after all, this is just my thoughts on the subject.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Aren't judges elected? What about the other county "officials" that create these rules that we don't get a vote on?

Top Bottom