• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Just got home from the 12am screening....

< No spoilers >

I grew up on Star Wars... which may be why I hated the first half, and just barely tolerated the second half. Far to much cheap comedy, Porgs were pointless and added nothing to the story, peril was too much like a generic sci-fi fantasy than a space war movie. Felt more like a Gaurdians movie than Star Wars.

I'd almost say Ep 1 was better than 8 if not for Jar-Jar.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Just saw it. As usual with just about ANY movie over 2hrs long, they could have shaved 30 minutes off this and it would have been epic. Anyway, i rate this a 4 out of 5 stars. It would have been 3.5 but a few scenes in the last 30ish minutes bumped it up for star wars fans. So, If u liked 7, this will be slightly better than that for yer viewing pleasure. Kylo grew on me a little as a decent brooding character, and Rey was as good as she was in the last one. Their are definitely some scenes that bring out the laughter, and a few that bring out the "hell yeah!" in all of us.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi.....Go See It!!!

My wife and I went to opening night for the new Star Wars film.

I won't spoil it for you other than to say it was extraordinarily good. I liked it a heckova lot more than JJ Abrams SW VII. More action (incredible light saber fights), plot points that made sense, even better photography and CG.

As with any film, there were a few weak spots, but for a 2 1/2 hour film, it is dang near an incredible experience. We saw it in 3D, which was fine (I normally don't like 3D movies), but when we see it again, I'll opt for IMAX.

Go see it. What else are you gonna do...watch a Colts game?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The 10 (soon to be 11) year old G-daughter just brought me her tablet with the trailers for this playing. She really wants to go.
    She is off school for the next 2 weeks. If they show in the daytime we are going.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Are we not allowed spoilers in this thread? Shame, because I have some questions.

I will say that, overall, it was an excellent movie. It played very well as the second-in-trilogy story. SO many parallels to SW:ESB. It also felt a bit like a sentimental farewell to Carrie Fisher, which I think is appropriate. (If you read that, but haven't seen the movie, DO NOT read anything into the plot arc of Princess Leia. I'm merely saying that many of her scenes evoked fairly strong, sentimental emotion.) Also, while Star Wars movies have always had their own quirky sense of humor, this one especially showed the "Disney" take on humor. I thought it worked well to balance out some of the heavier scenes/themes.

If there is a spoiler-allowed thread, please link it. Because I do have questions.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Are we not allowed spoilers in this thread? Shame, because I have some questions.

I will say that, overall, it was an excellent movie. It played very well as the second-in-trilogy story. SO many parallels to SW:ESB. It also felt a bit like a sentimental farewell to Carrie Fisher, which I think is appropriate. (If you read that, but haven't seen the movie, DO NOT read anything into the plot arc of Princess Leia. I'm merely saying that many of her scenes evoked fairly strong, sentimental emotion.) Also, while Star Wars movies have always had their own quirky sense of humor, this one especially showed the "Disney" take on humor. I thought it worked well to balance out some of the heavier scenes/themes.

If there is a spoiler-allowed thread, please link it. Because I do have questions.

I am sure that after the bulk of us have seen it the questions etc will start to flow. Out of respect for those of us that have not (Me...:):) lets keep it as is for a bit longer.

Thanks.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I am sure that after the bulk of us have seen it the questions etc will start to flow. Out of respect for those of us that have not (Me...:):) lets keep it as is for a bit longer.

Thanks.

I would certainly never spoil a Star Wars movie for anyone.

What kind of monster do you think I am?!?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, was this one loaded with 'member berries like the last one?

The last one was waaaaaay too sentimental and the action scenes were way too unbelievable (seriously, you can't always escape the inescapable, or that spaceship doesn't always perform miraculously).

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I would certainly never spoil a Star Wars movie for anyone.

What kind of monster do you think I am?!?

porkinsmemes2.jpg

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    So, was this one loaded with 'member berries like the last one?

The last one was waaaaaay too sentimental and the action scenes were way too unbelievable (seriously, you can't always escape the inescapable, or that spaceship doesn't always perform miraculously).

Not as many this time... they traded them for corny humor.

Top Bottom