• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    So I went to check on my x-Treme order and it's where abouts and this is what I got from the UPS website:
    Arlington, WA, United States 12/15/2017 2:25 A.M.We've incorrectly sorted this package which may cause a delay.
    Plainfield, IN, United States 12/11/2017 9:56 P.M.
    Arrival Scan

SO...from Sparks Nevada to Plainfield IN to Arlington Washington. And I thought bullets only went a mile or so
    Waiting in Bloomington...:ugh:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I had one from the east coast wind up going back and forth between Phoenix and somewhere in IL. About the third time it got to IL I called them there and the manager went out on the floor and found it and sent it to me. Another time I had something out for delivery here, but they kept putting it on the wrong truck. A day before it went to package hell, I had it intercepted. It was a few hundred bucks worth of finger brake, so I was getting kind of pissed.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I believe there is some intentional delaying of shipments under the current shipping atmosphere. Especially with the USPS trying to stay in business by integrating with the bigger, more efficient operations.

All shipping now days seem to be reliant on a forecast schedule and wouldn't dare let the consumer think to expect anything sooner.

Just a couple years back, any little thing you ordered from Amazon could come tomorrow as the shippers ramped up for the holiday. Now you order on Wed, they tell you it will be here next Tues and it rarely fails to follow their schedule. Similarly, Midway orders would arrive in 2-3 days, now you never get the order the same week.

Brownells orders from Iowa always go across the state to sit in Ohio for a day or two, before actually coming back to Indiana.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I believe there is some intentional delaying of shipments under the current shipping atmosphere. Especially with the USPS trying to stay in business by integrating with the bigger, more efficient operations.

All shipping now days seem to be reliant on a forecast schedule and wouldn't dare let the consumer think to expect anything sooner.

Just a couple years back, any little thing you ordered from Amazon could come tomorrow as the shippers ramped up for the holiday. Now you order on Wed, they tell you it will be here next Tues and it rarely fails to follow their schedule. Similarly, Midway orders would arrive in 2-3 days, now you never get the order the same week.

I ordered an ignition control package for a 1911 (of course) from Brownells. Hammer/sear/disco. Same day I ordered a small part from Midway. Both were shipped the same day and both went into the USPS whirlwind. It took 7 working days from Midway to my door and 8 WD's from Brownells. Tiny itty bitty pieces.

I ordered a 2 box shippment from Jegs performance for my 64 Impala project. Big boxes. Not lite either. 48 hrs later they were on my door step. WTF man. I just do not get it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Last years I had one ship from Chicago, bounce around Indy, Fort Wayne then here. Np. Then it went to Denver for a trip. I think it was a little over a week before it came pack to South Bend. It was last Xmas too. I finally got it all straightened out. The packaged was well traveled. lol

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I have a package that was out for delivery on a ups truck yesterday but never came. Today I get a tracking update saying it will be Monday. What makes me most mad is it is a 2nd day international shipment.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    LOL, USPS isn't any better right now, waiting on an insured package to be delivered since yesterday afternoon and it has shown out for delivery, Cincinnati Mail sort, arrived at post office, out for delivery, travel to post office, Cincinnati sort, arrive at post office, out for delivery, and finally as of noon at the post office!

After calling the Post Office and raising a little hell they now say the computers have been screwed up but my package is indeed out for delievery. :nuts:

we will see. :wallbash:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    So. The shipment did arrive this week. It had a small hole in the outer box and one of the inner boxes had a broken tape seal. I found the loose projectiles in between the inner and outer boxes but weighing out the 500 count box showed no loss of quantity. The stuff from X-treme always gets here but not falling behind on your on-hand is best. (which is why I ordered anyway). Thanks for the stories!

Top Bottom