• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Found a multi-tool I haven't used in 10 years. Was using it to prepare a light controller for Christmas lights. I had to strip some insulation from a pigtail. Used the blade, and stabbed it into the pad of my left thumb. On blood thinners.

Dang it. Fortunately I hit my max out of pocket deductible at least. This isn't the one to do at home :(

IMG_1945.jpg

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I remember a siding installer at the old house cutting his hand and leaving a trail of blood like a heart shot deer. They loaded him into the truck and drove him to the hospital, one of the other installers there said he was on blood thinners.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    UCro35l.png

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I've done worse than that several times and fixed it myself.

But thanks for the pics, because now I know how to stop the excessive bleeding.

I need to stop by Ace[SUP]®[/SUP] and get an assortment of O rings.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Super glue doesn't help with a gusher. I have had two in the last couple of years and the problem was stopping the bleeding.

I usually use butterfly bandages. You cannot even see the scars as opposed to the ones I have had stitches where both the scar and suture marks are still visable from many years ago.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If i hadn't hit my max out of pocket already i probably would have tried taping it. Thumbs are tough though. As you said glue doesn't usually work well if bleeding or gaping due to tension on wound.

Super glue doesn't help with a gusher. I have had two in the last couple of years and the problem was stopping the bleeding.

I usually use butterfly bandages. You cannot even see the scars as opposed to the ones I have had stitches where both the scar and suture marks are still visable from many years ago.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I cut my thumb to the bone and got it bandaged. Two weeks and completely healed. The O rings wwould have helped. It is funny I know that to stop an arterial gusher (leg or arm) I would use a tourniquet but on the two finger wounds I've had I never thought of it. On both I had a really difficult controling the bleeding with direct pressure until I got them bandaged.

This is something I was never taught in First Aid. Albeit I've only had Army Basic Training life saving.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    If i hadn't hit my max out of pocket already i probably would have tried taping it. Thumbs are tough though. As you said glue doesn't usually work well if bleeding or gaping due to tension on wound.

Max out of pocket? WTF? There's no professional courtesy left in the medical world?

Get well soon Rhino!

Top Bottom