• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Hey guys, I recently put some bigger shoes on my 2010 Jeep JKU. Installed an AEV 3.5” lift and 37” Discoverer STT Pros. Love the look and the ride and handling is SOOO much better than I expected. The only thing I know I need to do now is re-gear this beast because it definitely has to run some pretty high revs to keep those big 37s spinning. It’s honestly tolerable so I’m not in desperate need, but I’d like to get it done sometime in the near-ish future.

Problem is that I’m not really comfortable with any shop around here (because I mostly do my own work), but I think this is definitely something to have a qualified shop take care of. Im in SW Indiana near Vincennes so Evansville, Terre Haute-ish areas are easy enough to get to. I don’t mind doing a little traveling, but I really don’t want to go too much farther than Indy or so (2 hours).

Any recommendations for a shop that you’d trust to swap gears and put a locker in your baby?

Planning on putting in a rear Eaton e-locker at the time and probably just going with 4.56 gears because I’m hoping to do an LS swap in the next 3-5 (hopefully) years, and I’d rather not re-gear twice.

blurr95

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    I know a guy south of Terre Haute that my Mom and sister have do their auto work. I have had him do some work on my wifes van that I wasn't comfortable doing, it's a 98 e-350 with a powerstroke. I trust him and he's honest. He also drag races and builds his own cars, so he definitely knows how to do it. His shop is off the beaten path a bit, but he is very good.

Jason

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    These guys did the rearend in my Galaxie:

Automotion Racecars4.413 Google reviews
    loading_24.gif

Auto parts store in Indianapolis, Indiana

Address: 950 E Troy Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46203

Hours: Open today · 9AM–6PM
    Thursday9AM–6PM
    Friday9AM–6PM
    Saturday9AM–1PM
    Sunday(Christmas Eve/President's Day)
    Closed
    Monday(Christmas Day)
    9AM–6PMHours might differ
    Tuesday(President's Day (Observed))
    9AM–6PMHours might differ
    Wednesday9AM–6PM
    Suggest an edit

Phone: (317) 786-9300

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Keep in mind if your changing gear ratios the front and rear have to match

Lol. Yeah, I know that. I’m just planning on putting an e locker in the rear though and open diff in the front.

Thanks guys. I’ll have to do some checking around.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I had a guy in Spencer do my El Camino rear end. Maranatha car crafting. He did a great job.

As a bonus, he's a gun guy also.

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I can recommend Titus Transmission in Avon, IN. Although not that close to you, they do great work. They have a lot of experience with 4x4s in general.

They re-geared my 1998 TJ (4.56) and installed a Detroit locker back in 2000. Everything has been working perfectly since.

Titus Transmissions ? Auto Repair | Avon, IN

You might consider trying to do the upgrade yourself. Getting all the hardware and necessary tools, from a company like Randy's Ring and Pinion, can help you save a ton. As you know, stuff like this comes down to time or money...pick one! Knowing how to do it yourself will pay dividends for years to come though.

Good luck!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom