• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Anniversary time. My wife and I usually don't make much of a deal out of it, there's been years where we both forgot all about it. But....today is that day and I'd like to pick her up some roses on my way home (NE side) from work (W side).

Any suggestions?

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    The longest lasting roses I've bought were from Traders Joes near 86th and Township. It was Valentines day and they were surprisingly cheap. Can't remember exact cost but I know it was less than $20.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I've been trained to only go to McNamara. Are they expensive? Maybe a little but they smile real big when they take your credit card and then Mrs. Itchytriggerfinger makes me smile real big.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'll hit them up next time Kirk. I wanted to get ahead of the crowd this evening so I hit the McNamara on Allisonville. Thanks for the lead ITF.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    For next time or just because, you might check out Gillespie on 10th and Raceway, though they have much better stuff than roses to pick from that lasts longer.
    I just ask them to go into the freezer and see what they have, pick a couple of main things I like and tell them to build out a bouquet for the price range I'm looking at. Cash and carry they have some good prices and always put together something very nice.

I usually get them to center it around a few Star Gazers or some Lilies and have them build it out from there.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Too late for OP for this - but don't discount a Kroger florist - especially if you can give them a few days to order something. I can almost guarantee they'll be VERY competitive on price.

Top Bottom