• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have always admired the outcome from Lovemywoods’ giant free egg, but never moved to buy one. I saw a few knock offs that caused me to be a bit skeptical, but still intrigued me. Now they have the new pellet grills out. I want something, so I figured I would ask here. I can’t decide between the egg or a pellet. Which brand/ model would you recommend for a first time higher end grill!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If you're interested in cooking (smoking, grilling, baking, searing) year round a ceramic kamado style cooker with a controller is hard to beat. They're virtually a "set it and forget it" endeavor with a controller, near unaffected by weather and are extremely fuel efficient.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Get a real ceramic kamado grill. Don't get that one from menards! BGE if you have money to spare if not you can get a really nice kamado joe or the big red kamado they had at Costco over the summer. Lots of different brands but as long as it is ceramic u will be fine. Also check Craigslist for deals. If you don't buy a BGE from a dealer you don't get the warranty.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Get a real ceramic kamado grill. Don't get that one from menards! BGE if you have money to spare if not you can get a really nice kamado joe or the big red kamado they had at Costco over the summer. Lots of different brands but as long as it is ceramic u will be fine. Also check Craigslist for deals. If you don't buy a BGE from a dealer you don't get the warranty.

Lol and why is that? I'm about to buy a Kamado Joe (better than BGE) and the only reason is due to wanting more grate surface area.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Lol and why is that? I'm about to buy a Kamado Joe (better than BGE) and the only reason is due to wanting more grate surface area.

I never said anything bad about the joe. That is the grill I wanted but the Costco near me was not having an event that year. I have a vision and it's fine as well. What I said is don't get one that is not ceramic like the one at menards. I would not buy an egg either as there are grills that are just as good for much less. If you want surface area you should look at the pit boss Costco had for $599 before it went on sale. 662 sq in cooking space and loaded will all the goodies.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I would think a non ceramic kamado would not be able to compare to the ceramic versions when it comes to efficiency and insulation.

I love my BGE but don’t claim it to be the best out there. What makes the Kamado Joe better?

Top Bottom