• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So. How has 2017 changed you? Are you better or worse now than you were in Jan. 1st of 2017?

What good and/or bad happened? What do you plan on changing in 2018?

This can be about life in general or shooting.

Feel free to leave anything you wish.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    ‘17 was rough from a family perspective. Made more money than I ever have, so that’s good I guess. Lost 40lbs. Bought a cool hot rod.

In ‘18 I’d like to make myself into the guy that gets up at 5am every day. That’s definitely not me right now.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    2017 has been a great year. I changed jobs and got away from weekend work. Spent more time with family and friends. Got a couple new rifles, a couple scopes, some nice knives and a Toyota 4x4 pickup toy/project/money pit. I can't complain.

I'm gonna make sure 2018 is even better.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My year has been up and down, but right now, I think I'm better than I was on Jan. 1st. After many, many years, I can say I have officially beat 2 of my vices. That's a huge plus to me. I did put in a few of the pounds I lost in 2016, but I'm back on track and losing again.

As far as family goes, the only one we lost was my dog. As bad as that was, I'm thankful it wasn't any friends or family. My relationship with my wife is better than ever. She even started shooting with me and she has her own 1911 now too. (I don't even have one yet.)

My biggest challenge/hope is to find a church that I really like next year. I've been slacking way too long in that area.

Right now all seems bright. I know it can change in an instant but I have faith I can make it through whatever comes my way.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    2017 was a tough year. Very tough. 2018 will have some serious challenges as well.
    We lost so many friends this year. I am not over the losses yet. Terrible.
    The spouse is struggling with medical issue that will put her on a transplant list the first week of 2018 if everything comes in line. This is still up in the air. Regardless it will be a major hurdle.

On a positive I did OK with projects and revenue. Did a lot of trading/selling/buying/building so my pistol safe is filled with some very sweet pieces and I still have one in the works. Some very cool rifles as well.
    I made good progress on my 64 Impala SS project.
    I am surrounded with Grand daughters and all the love 1 person can handle.

2018. Not sure what that has in store for us. I will make no plans until I know what is going to happen with my spouse.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The spouse is struggling with medical issue that will put her on a transplant list the first week of 2018 if everything comes in line. This is still up in the air. Regardless it will be a major hurdle.

2018. Not sure what that has in store for us. I will make no plans until I know what is going to happen with my spouse.

:(. Prayers sent your way Tim.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Been a rough year. Mostly dominated by issues with my 87 year old mother. Been hard on the family(mostly me and my stepdad and my brother) that is involved. Demintia, and a broken ankle. Granted the last couple weeks have been better than the last few months. Which is good. Good day today. On another note, my grandniece got to bring home her twin boys from NICU just in time for Christmas. All in all, it ended on a good note.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It was kind of a lost year for me. My left leg got so bad it was basically crippled and I could hardly do anything. I was put off for the spinal surgery for 3 months while I got my A1C down. I finally got the knife in October and now I can walk, even though I'm still in recovery. Last I looked I was down nearly 50lbs, I haven't had a shot of insulin since the hospital, and my blood sugar is acting normal. 2018 should work out a lot better.

I want to take a walk in the woods. I'll be able to, now. It's surprising what you miss.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It was kind of a lost year for me. My left leg got so bad it was basically crippled and I could hardly do anything. I was put off for the spinal surgery for 3 months while I got my A1C down. I finally got the knife in October and now I can walk, even though I'm still in recovery. Last I looked I was down nearly 50lbs, I haven't had a shot of insulin since the hospital, and my blood sugar is acting normal. 2018 should work out a lot better.

I want to take a walk in the woods. I'll be able to, now. It's surprising what you miss.

I wondered where you have been.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    2017 has been the worst year of my life. Lost my first born son and best friend in January. Nearly lost my Father over the Summer. On the upside I learned we will have another grandchild enter the world in May 2018 if all goes well. Trying to stay focused on the positive things over the holidays. Work is busy and going well so I just bury myself in that and try to stay away from the bottle.

Here's to a better 2018!

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    2017 has had many great things for me. I picked up a few military surplus rifles and revolvers. My brother graduated college and is a 2nd Lieutenant in the air force. I quit a job I did not like. My grades in school have been awesome. I have taken a nice trip to Mount Rushmore and currently I am in Texas on a second one. This year my grandma has had a series of mini strokes and is in a nursing home. My buddy who is 20 lost his dad to brain cancer in July.
    To end my post on a positive note in 2018 I plan on entering nursing school or the le academy, I am going to add as many military surplus guns and law enforcement revolvers to my collection as I can, and try to make a trip to Seattle

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Lost several family members, friends, and church members this year. Other than that we've been good. Buying a house, work is going good. As far as guns, nothing new. Just shooting and reloading.

I hope and pray 2018 is good with less loss of loved ones.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    2017 was basically a blur working much overtime and Saturdays even some Sundays. It made buying Christmas easy so wife went crazy for grandgirl and holiday dinners. Which is ok. Positive side of things is where I’m going to leave off be cause my bad days are not as heavy as some of yours. I can feel for you having been through some of yours losses but not nearly all of them. Life is like a roller coaster slow going up and screaming fast going down but have hope it will carry the day. Thankful for INGO it has made some days lighter, I don’t post much but I read almost every day.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    2017 has been a busy year for me. Worked OT for most of it and bought a rental property that has needed a lot of work. Hoping to be done with it within the next month or two. Going to try and get out shooting more in 2018 plus ride my bicycle more to get in better shape.

MrHank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Westfield, IN
    2017 was a rough year for me and my family. I am waiting to get my knees replaced, haven't worked since January and on December 4th we lost our first grand child, she came into the world to early.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    2017 Has been a very demanding year on my time. On the up side it was one of the busiest years we have had at Diamond Collision and that was welcomed.
    Work has went through a lot of changes and added responsibilities.
    I think it is making a better person/employer out of me and I am optimistic as I am every new year that things will magically be better starting Jan 1, unfortunately I have a feeling school is not over yet.

Downside 2017 left me with very little personal time and a lot of stress and not much range time.

2018 I am planning on implementing some lessons learned to lighten my load........we'll see. Seems like everything gets put on hold in December, so just counting the days until new year.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Everything is worse except I have more guns and I'm a much better shot.

Plans for 2018 include denial and buying more cool guns.

Top Bottom