• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Who does everyone use for homeowners insurance? We currently have Liberty Mutual and they are increasing our rates by 15% again this year. We have never had a claim and there is no way the value of our house has increased 15% four years in a row. We already got a quote from Geico as that is who we have our auto insurance through.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Auto Owners - for house and cars. Our premiums this year stayed the same. I called them to let them know we replaced the roof this fall, and after they came out and took pictures and saw the receipts for the work, we got $100 refund on what we had paid. No claims but they have been good to deal with regarding changes to policy, etc.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    We had always used American family through our local agent for cars and home. When we bought a new house we got a quote from them and decided to shop around a bit. Thank god we did because they were bending us over a barrel! The best rates were through our local credit unions insurance division.evansville teachers federal credit union. They cross shop all kinds of different brands. I know German American has the same service. I mean really our rates went down by like 40% I couldn’t believe it. I even sent their quote to my previous agent and got a very terse reply “we can’t match that.” And it’s not like it was for better service. When someone ran a red light and totaled my car American Family treated me like I was a criminal despite very plain language in the police report that the other driver was at fault.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I have been with Erie for 10 years on both home and auto. I had a roof claim a few years ago and they were great to work with. They haven't jacked my rates like other companies would have.

Very happy with Erie and from what I have heard their rates and coverages are hard to beat.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Good info here. We are gathering our fores to go elsewhere.

Same here. Been with Liberty for the last 5 or 6 years for both cars and house, but I'm thinking I'm being greatly overcharged after all the increases in the last couple of years. Gonna try USAA and my credit union to see if I can get it lowered.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Erie....we have had them for 5 years now on the new house and it has went down around 30 bucs a year...... over 400k in coverage

Progressive for auto

Western Reserve for business...

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    State Farm for 30+. I hope I never have to experience it, but I know our neighbor was happy with the way they handled his fire claim, even though it did take a while for him to be able to move back in.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    Thanks all for the feedback. I have heard great things about Erie from my coworkers. I am going to get a quote from them later today.

Top Bottom