• ...and so much more!
  • Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Well with 11 hours left I’m sure there will still be a few candidates...

I can see the families suing the power company for allowing “easy access” to the switchgear.
    Nothing surprises me anymore.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What? No Pictures?? These pictures are usually VERY gruesome. I've never seen one where they were fused together before though.

I wonder if moron #1 starting sparking and moron #2 was dumb enough to grab his buddy and try to pull him off the wire.

Anybody see the dock scene in the Netflix show Ozarks?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Think of a hot dog left too long over a very hot fire

Google "copper thief electrocution photos", they're pretty gruesome.

Ugh...Yeah...Seemed like every time we had power distribution training, they had to have a segment showing the effects of electrocution. If I never have to see one of those photos again, it'll be too soon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ugh...Yeah...Seemed like every time we had power distribution training, they had to have a segment showing the effects of electrocution. If I never have to see one of those photos again, it'll be too soon.

Saw this live in the early 80's. Co-worked got juiced off the main feed bussbar in a service merchandise store. was the 2nd one into the room when the huge boom erupted. He lived but not "All" of him if you get my drift.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Saw this live in the early 80's. Co-worked got juiced off the main feed bussbar in a service merchandise store. was the 2nd one into the room when the huge boom erupted. He lived but not "All" of him if you get my drift.

I met a guy when I started cooping for the Jackson Utility Division that had a big chunk missing out of each palm of his hand from an accident where some driver collided with his bucket truck and caused him to lose balance and guess what he grabbed when he reflexively reached out to keep from falling out of his bucket...

How he survived, I don't know. You don't know how fortunate I count myself for never having an injury accident on my watch during my career.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Place I worked at many moons ago essentially vaporized a guy two years before I started. They always took the newbs thru this particular substation and relayed the story. You could still smell the odor in the room after two years!

Top Bottom