Ferdinand

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Rhahaha! My daughter lives in Portland and I jumped out to start pumping gas the first time I was out there and the attendant about flipped out.. he almost tripped on his hipster jeans .. spilling his soy milk latte and promptly gave me a quick scorning. I was afraid for my well being and luckily there was a safe space located right next to the gas station.
    It could have happened that way. .. But seriously if you’ve never been there I can’t explain it any clearer When we visit out there I can’t wait to get back to the good ole mid west. This does not surprise me one bit.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The crisis continues--if we have to pump our own gas, then how can we have time for tattoos and nose rings?

26168917_1910547822592131_5994582879556855905_n.jpg

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    How do you pay for your fuel if you don't get out of your vehicle?

I wouldn't want someone scratching my vehicle with the gas cap as I know they would be to stupid to hang the cap on the door.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If you have been to Oregon then you understand learned helplessness. Seems to be more of a Portland thing than the rest of the state.

Portland was my first thought when I read the thread title. I mean really, if you are a non-binary collective of cells that have cohesively formed to represent an sentient being would you want the odor of a petroleum based product comingling with your Starbucks?

That's so passé!:drama:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...and its hilarious.

“I don’t even know HOW to pump gas and I am 62, native Oregonian … I say NO THANKS! I don’t want to smell like gasoline!”“I’ve lived in this state all my life and I REFUSE to pump my own gas … This a service only qualified people should perform. I will literally park at the pump and wait until someone pumps my gas.”

“I go to work at 5 in the morning. Not a lot of people at the gas pumps at that time in the morning. And yes, I will not feel safe pumping my own gas … Not to mention it’s freezing and rainy. So thank you to all who voted to change it. You have now taken away a nice luxury that most of us enjoyed.”
    “Many people are not capable of knowing how to pump gas and the hazards of not doing it correctly. Besides I don’t want to go to work smelling of gas when I get it on my hands or clothes. I agree Very bad idea.”
    “Yuck! Pumping my [own] fuel in freezing temperatures and handling a nasty ole fuel nozzle that 50 other people have touched that day (and who knows what cooties are on there), no thank you. It’s nice to not have to pump your own fuel.”

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So obviously there is a big market for gas stations who have pump attendants...and the higher prices to go with them. I'm sure every woke Oregonian will bypass the cheaper gas prices at the self-pump stations to pay more for the highly skilled haz-mat trained pump attendant.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I wouldn't want someone scratching my vehicle with the gas cap as I know they would be to stupid to hang the cap on the door.

Wait...you've never seen full-service before? Before about 1985 nearly every gas station had full service and self-service. I'm sure there are still at least a few full-service stations just about everywhere.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus

You give your means of payment to some person who walks up to your car asking for it and hope they do what you want.

here's an idea... remove the laws either way and let the market sort it out.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I remember the full service stations...pump your gas, wash your windshield, check your oil. They were service stations, they had lifts and would change your oil and rotate your tires or fix a distributor if needed. Of course I also remember gas at .26c a gallon...

Top Bottom