• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    The last 2 days I have sneezed 1000 times...runny nose, and every bone in my body aches, mainly shoulders, knees, elbows and I can't stop shivering. No upset stomach or anything....I just hurt bad.

Anyone else ever had this? What the heck is it?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Sounds like the flu to me as well. It is going around...local hospitals in our area are on lockdown...no visitors. The nursing homes are in similar status.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Just saw this posted on FB by a home health nurse that is in the family.

This year’s flu symptoms:
    Dry cough
    Chills
    Fatigue
    Body aches
    Headache
    Runny/stuffy nose
    Fever of 99.0-102 (although you don’t have to have a fever to have the flu per cdc)
    I have seen 200+ ppl (or more!!) with most or all of these symptoms in the past 4 days.
    If you have some or all of these symptoms, please please please do not go to work or school. Stay home! It is highly contagious through coughing, sneezing, talking, or even coughing into your hand and touching an object (like a remote, a telephone, computer keyboard, computer mouse, doorknobs, etc.) and someone else using it after you can get the flu. The germs can survive on hard surfaces for quite awhile. Or Lysol everything.
    Point being, Jasper/Dubois county is being hit hard! If you have these symptoms and go out and about you are spreading it, period. I have heard from many patients “I just won’t breathe on anyone”...sigh. Keep healthy. Be like Michael Jackson and wear a face mask if you have to be around ppl that are coughing. Not joking.
    Wash wash wash your hands. This will also remove the virus from your hands and help keep you from infecting yourself.
    If you start to feel some or all of the above symptoms you are contagious for 5-7 days. This does not mean on day 4 you can get back to work. This means you are contagious for 5-7 days and can easily spread it.
    Thank you for being a responsible, caring person
    1f642.png

Oh! The reason it’s such a big deal is bc it is deadly to ppl 2 and under and persons 70-80 and older. Pneumonia can easily develop and kill folks. So this isn’t so someone doesn’t catch a “bad cold” this is so we get healthy sooner, keep others healthy, and kick this flus butt!!
    1f642.png

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Different symptoms, but I've been sick for the last 8 days. Horrid headache, head and chest congestion, sneezing, coughing, body aches and slight nausea. I'm on day 4 of a Z-pak and likely getting it refilled. The doc said it would likely take 10 days worth. I don't know if she expected the Z-pak to take care of the problem, or the 10 days, but either way I hope this stuff goes away soon!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Different symptoms, but I've been sick for the last 8 days. Horrid headache, head and chest congestion, sneezing, coughing, body aches and slight nausea. I'm on day 4 of a Z-pak and likely getting it refilled. The doc said it would likely take 10 days worth. I don't know if she expected the Z-pak to take care of the problem, or the 10 days, but either way I hope this stuff goes away soon!

I'm no doc but you might look into taking an expectorant. I have taken them in the past and getting that crap out of you is better than leaving it in. If you are going to cough anyway, you may as well make it a productive cough.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Well guess I am not alone. I was starting to think I had something seriously wrong...I don't remember the last time my body hurt as it did this week. The weird thing was I never got sick (as in vomit or fever). I never really remember getting the flu without having upset stomach. Thanks for all the advice and I hope you all get well soon.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well guess I am not alone. I was starting to think I had something seriously wrong...I don't remember the last time my body hurt as it did this week. The weird thing was I never got sick (as in vomit or fever). I never really remember getting the flu without having upset stomach. Thanks for all the advice and I hope you all get well soon.

Just so you know, the flu does not have stomach issues. You're talking about "stomach flu" which is really not the flu:

https://www.webmd.com/children/features/the-truth-about-stomach-flu#1

I used to think the same thing when I was younger, until a Dr set me straight. The real flu (influenza) is exactly what your symptoms are.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom