• ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Legal vending machine...

So how does this happen...
    The rules - which you can read above - quietly went into effect last September and Call 6 Investigates has learned that Indianapolis police and the City-County Council were left completely out of the loop.
    “(I) had no idea that they were finalized, approved and in effect,” said Councilwoman Christine Scales.
    Scales sits on the Public Safety and Criminal Justice Committee and says she knew nothing about the new rules being in place until Call 6 handed her a copy earlier this week.

Did it really not go to the Committee or did she not bother to read it when it did? Seems strange.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Everyone here understands that individuals have a constitutional right to bail, right?

Let's say someone gets arrested for False Informing and Intimidation for falsely reporting a lawyer that filed a Freedom of Information Request about a phony courtroom in a new county building.

That person would bail $255 to the Sheriff and walk out of the jail. There is no requirement to see a judge or any other nonsense that overburdened the courts. Marion County is so fat and bloated because it has judges tasked to do all kinds of things that other counties have long abandoned. The judges looked around to other counties and decided to go with what everyone is doing.

I do not understand the hysteria.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Tippecanoe County bond schedule:

Offense Class[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] Cash Amount [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Surety Amount
    [FONT=&quot]Murder No Bond No Bond[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Level 1 felony $5,000 $50,000[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Level 2 felony $2,500 $25,000[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Level 3 felony $1,500 $15,000[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Level 4 felony $1,000 $10,000[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Level 5 felony $500 $5,000[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Level 6 felony $500 N/A[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Misdemeanors $250 N/A[/FONT]

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sure makes you wonder why crime is out of control in Marion County.

No, it does not. We know what drives crime, the Welfare State. Crime in Marion County is directly related to the attacks on the family (driving out fathers), the removal of the lash of poverty and its attacks on the sanctity of life.

I have told those in Marion County to read the book to understand what IMPD deals with daily. So, if you want to understand, read the book and understand.

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Bottom-Worldview-Makes-Underclass/dp/1566635055

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Everyone here understands that individuals have a constitutional right to bail, right?

Regardless of criminal history? We have quite a few constitutional rights which can be limited depending on the circumstances. I don't see a rubber stamp, "pay your fine and get out of jail to sin again" program as being beneficial to the citizens of Marion County. Particularly when you consider the number of convicted murderers walking around.

I'm all for whatever the citizenry decides is best, the baddest of the bad don't concern me. All I ask is that when the questions are being asked, responsibilities are laid where they belong.

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    No, it does not. We know what drives crime, the Welfare State. Crime in Marion County is directly related to the attacks on the family (driving out fathers), the removal of the lash of poverty and its attacks on the sanctity of life.

I have told those in Marion County to read the book to understand what IMPD deals with daily. So, if you want to understand, read the book and understand.

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Bottom-Worldview-Makes-Underclass/dp/1566635055

Thats a pretty broad brush youre painting with Sir.

Most of the criminals I deal with are 25-40 years old. Some where along the line you have to quit blaming other people.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I still say it's BS. Some son a ***** confines and strangles at gunpoint a loved one of mine, right or wrong.....he aint gonna need no bond! It is no wonder we have retaliation killings and that the thugs take it into their own hands rather than working with investigators. Why become known as a snitch on the street when you know the people are not going to stay in jail anyway? If you think they deserve jail, it's easier to just send them to hell!

I still think it sounds insane to release a person who failed to appear, without even seeing a judge.....what exactly is the purpose in even arresting them? Hell a lot of them they OR(no bond money), so it is not ALL about the money.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Regardless of criminal history? We have quite a few constitutional rights which can be limited depending on the circumstances. I don't see a rubber stamp, "pay your fine and get out of jail to sin again" program as being beneficial to the citizens of Marion County. Particularly when you consider the number of convicted murderers walking around.

I'm all for whatever the citizenry decides is best, the baddest of the bad don't concern me. All I ask is that when the questions are being asked, responsibilities are laid where they belong.

Yes, regardless of criminal history. Now, if someone violates bond, then it can be revoked or raised after a hearing.

I just had this situation last week. New prosecutor filed a bond revocation against my guy, court set it for hearing, I objected and advised the court that the sequencing was off and argued to deny the revocation. Judge denied motion to revoke. Now, if my guy screws up again, he is likely in a bad spot.

It seems to me that if arrestees are bonding out over and over on heavy stuff (not just Disorderly Conduct or Public Intox, inter alia), then Mr. Curry should do as the law provides and move to revoke an arrestee's bond.

I do not understand why the Media is not asking Mr. Curry about this as he is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer for Marion County. Dragging the coppers and the City-County Council into the business of the judges, who have only done what is being done in a vast majority of Indiana counties, seems like a pack of dogs baying at the wrong tree.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thats a pretty broad brush youre painting with Sir.

Most of the criminals I deal with are 25-40 years old. Some where along the line you have to quit blaming other people.

No, not a broad brush at all. The Welfare State is destroying the internal societal controls and has been for a long time. These internal controls, as the book makes clear, include accepting responsibility for one's self. E.g. "The knife went in", "I caught a case".

The UK, farther along the Road to Serfdom than we are, has far more symptoms and that is what Dr. Ted's book is about. You have read the book, right?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I do not understand why the Media is not asking Mr. Curry about this as he is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer for Marion County. Dragging the coppers and the City-County Council into the business of the judges, who have only done what is being done in a vast majority of Indiana counties, seems like a pack of dogs baying at the wrong tree.

Come on Kirk, he's a Democrat for cryin out loud. You know good & well why the media won't ask him any serious questions lol.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Regardless of criminal history?

A little more explanation. The bond schedule is just for the arrests that the coppers bring in so the COs know what to take in bond at 3:31AM.

Say something heavy is filed by the PA. The Court where the charges are filed can set a bond higher than the bond schedule for a variety of factors--Habitual offender, crime of violence, mutliple victims, etc.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    A little more explanation. The bond schedule is just for the arrests that the coppers bring in so the COs know what to take in bond at 3:31AM.

Say something heavy is filed by the PA. The Court where the charges are filed can set a bond higher than the bond schedule for a variety of factors--Habitual offender, crime of violence, mutliple victims, etc.

My understanding was that this new approach circumvented that process and was basically put in place to get people back out on the street as quickly as possible. If someone is arrested for attempted murder on a Saturday afternoon and bonds out three hours later, the PA won't file until Monday and they can set the bond as high as they want at that point, the criminal is already in the wind unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You northern people can send down here if you pay for them.
    We have a nice new jail and pay for it by housing bad guys and girls form the big city.

Do you guys “run people” out of town?

Top Bottom