• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    My 14 year old springer spaniel died today. Heart failure. Went to the vet this morning and couldn’t see her suffer anymore. For the last several years she would go and help me feed the horses, she loved the grain we feed. She followed me all over every morning. Last few months she had been slowed down by cataracts and Saturday she really acted strangely. A trip to the vet and some meds and she was seemingly doing better. That changed so fast for which I am grateful!
    My grand daughters used her for a pillow growing up, not the first growl when they used her ears to pull themselves up learning to walk. They slept with her in her doggie bed. A great dog. She was a rescue and we had her for the last 10 years I saw her go to sleep and finally look peacefull. I buried her next to companion max (another springer) and a St. Bernard named Madison.
    I know the dog lovers here understand. Thanks all

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    My favorite hunting companion was my Springer. That dog had more heart and stamina than a marathon runner. I miss him a bunch.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Sorry to hear.

Springers are the best of dogs (at least in my opinion). I absolutely love them for bird hunting...and all around good fun.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I was going through some photos the other day. Came upon a photo of our last dog who we put down about a year ago. He was waiting for me to take him on our evening walk. Won't lie to you, it brought out some tears.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Sorry for your loss.

Our family dog when I was young was a female Springer. Great dog with kids, and it broke all of our hearts when we lost her.

Top Bottom