• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    My wife got it Monday night at work (she is a nurse at a hospital) and I had to pick her up. I slept on the couch to avoid it. I woke up with it and slept on and off for almost all of yesterday. Today it was fun in other ways. Hoping our two year old doesn’t get it but she is at grandpa and grandmas. Maybe I might eat something after 48 hours of not eating anything.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Sorry to hear about the bout with stomach flu! That stuff will bring you to your knees at the throne of glory...stay hydrated my friend.

Influenza is absolutely terrible this year. I work in an office for a healthcare provider, we were all required to be vaccinated as a condition of employment. I've already had so send vaccinated staff home with the flu. They say it's less horrible if you've had the shot but that hasn't been our experience so far. I think it's just going to be good ole' Chicken Noodle, plenty of juice/water, rest, and let it run its course. I can't stress enough how important it is to stay home when you're running a fever! People run to the grocery or bank or wherever when they are coughing and spraying germs everywhere - and go home to shake their heads when the news talks about how quickly it's spreading!

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    So in 60 hours, I ate about 10 crackers. Actually might try real food today. If I can go without any major issues from this stomach bug all day, will go back to work tomorrow. Last year I used a half sick day and lost the rest so using three early doesn’t bother me (have 7 plus two personal days).

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I’m not an anti vaxxer, the flu shot is always a crap shoot at best.

True.... but it never covers what people call “the stomach flu”. This year it barely covers he actual influenza strains it’s supposed to cover.

I get a flu shot every year, and I’m pretty sure I had at least a mild case this year. Lasted about 3 weeks before I felt 100%.

Kevinslaterjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2018
    South bend
    man I'm sorry to hear that. My 8 year old had it for 3 days, 2 days of which she spent in the hospital not long ago.
    A nurse told us they were only allowing immediate family for visitation at the hospital because of influenza outbreaks.
    I believe she mentioned that IN is in the top 5 in the nation currently for it. Hopefully the big freeze we've been experiencing kills some of the bugs away.
    Stay healthy everyone

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    It blazed through my family and few weeks ago. Put one in the hospital for a day getting fluids. Felt like a great dad telling a 2 year old if you don't drink anything they are gonna have to do an IV in your arm. Next day he was in the ER.

Now my daughters lymph nodes are swollen up on her right side. It was so bad should wouldn't even hold her head straight. She also got to learn what a CT scan was yesterday. No abscess thankfully. Guess they would have done surgery on her if the found them. Scary stuff.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    My daughter spent three nights in an incubator at six days old (in 2016).She got banished to grandparents while we fought it this time to advise anymore time in Peds. . Got one more load of laundry to wash then all clothes and bedding will be done. lysoled everything we thought we’ve touched.

Top Bottom