• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/01...ssing-explosives-during-backyard-experiments/

Over 8 million subscribers, he does (did?) "science" experiements and interesting crafty stuff. Flames and explosions were not uncommon. Well, he's been charged with 2 felonies for possessing explosive devises. I haven't seen the criminal complaint, but I hear its out there.

I have watched some of his videos and its obvious he lives in a suburban housing development, obviously not out in the hinterland, in a standard neighborhood and given the aforementioned flames and explosions, I always wondered what his neighbors thought of this.

Now we know what at least one thinks as apparently the charges started with a neighbor dropping a dime to the police.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Now we know what at least one thinks as apparently the charges started with a neighbor dropping a dime to the police.

Pfft. And people say, "it's a free country".:rolleyes:

I mean, do we really wanna live in a world we're not free to blow up whatever we damn well please in the relative privacy of our suburban backyard?:dunno:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    HOA's are ruining America. That's actually a pretty cool channel. I thought about building one of those sugar rockets.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Pfft. And people say, "it's a free country".:rolleyes:

I mean, do we really wanna live in a world we're not free to blow up whatever we damn well please in the relative privacy of our suburban backyard?:dunno:

I know, right?

That same kind of fascism that has prematurely snuffed out so many heavy metal garage bands almost before they get started.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My favorite part is the whole "I got a powder from this guy, didn't know what it was, so we started lighting it."

I can totally see him doing this....problem being, now the "guy" you got the powder from? They're looking for him.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Too bad, I liked some of his ideas.

Don

Me too. My family enjoys what he did.

For months, he had been virtually absent from the videos, but the article makes it sound like he was surprised by the charges Tuesday. This leaves me to still wonder why he hasn't been "on-screen". I think in the last week there was something short posted somewhere about an announcement soon, but I'm not sure it had anything to do with these charges.

Found it- on Twitter:

View attachment 62932

Interesting to see if this announcement is posted today.

1.6 Billion views?!?!? Holy Carp! I'd say he's got the cash to fight this if he hasn't spent it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he has likely invested wisely. The money is still there, how liquid it is, who knows.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Canadians....who knew the real threat was coming from the northern border.

I did...I've always known.....

MI0002522874.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    [video=youtube;08Xn18D44Vg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Xn18D44Vg[/video]

[edit]

At 3:31- explaining the team they have to run the channel: "we have attorneys"- Good call. :yesway:

As I suspected, this was the video announced last week on Twitter and has nothing to do with the charges. It explains how and why he put a team in place and why he is not the "face" of the channel anymore which has more to do with working less (which I applaud) and nothing to do with the criminal charges.

Top Bottom