• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Thinking about selling some old lures. Anybody know someone who could give me an idea what their worth. It’s kinda hard to look them up internet if I don’t know what there names are. A couple are Pleuger with some of the Clear Creek Bait Company in the box.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Probably not much help, but I was at the library the other day and noticed they had a couple books on antique fishing lures. You might take a look into several different books to find what the name of each is and then be able to sell them.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Can't be of much help. I had a book at one time but haven't seen it in several years so it may have been tossed.

I used to collect them but wasn't hard core about it. I preferred the old Creek Chub Bait Co lures with glass eyes. I once traded a handful of new lures for an old frog lure I thought might have been a CCBco lure. Turned out it wasn't, it was an old Kent Frog, a rare one and I sold it on eBay for $700.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    There's an old man named Jack that runs the Bargersville Flea Market that collects old lures and fishin' gear.
    He's a good guy, honest, and helpful as well. I got nothing bad to say or think of him. I like him.
    I have his card here somewhere. I'll find it and give you a PM with his info.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Remembering there were more of the really cool old ones but they are gone due a particular family member. Would post some pics but I’m not very good at posting pics.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Those books were wrote by a Karl White,and another Carl something.They are the best price guides.Those Pflueger lures, check close,they stole other companies designs,and names,and production numbers could be low.Some are worth big bucks.I mainly hang on to Heddon Dowagiac,Indiana,and Michigan and Ohio mfg.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Saw a fellow at a collector's convention get a surprise one day a few years ago. A fellow came by his room and asked him if he'd take 7 for a particularly nice piece he had. He said yes, thinking 700 was pretty good for a lure he'd bought for $.75 at a garage sale.

He about dropped his teeth when the check was for $7,000.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Ok. Don’t get how post pics here...again. Have them uploaded to Photobucket but can’t get it to post on this forum.

Do this site accept mp4??

Last edited:
    Top Bottom