Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is there a euthanasia drug in your pet's food? Read this if you have a dog/cat

User Info Menu

Got it...headache is making me slow today! LOL! I misread what you posted.

It reminds me of the cat food recall several years back where the cats were all having kidney or liver failure. I had one that was constantly barfing. The food I was using was not on the list, but it was also removed from the shelf and never added to the list. I switched to Taste of the Wild due to an issue with another cat at the recommendation of our vet, and the one that was barfing stopped and gained weight...was healthier than she had been in years.
    L.F.F.L.

Follow my son's journey as he travels Europe on this thread.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...adventure.html or on FB https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyBrooksArt/ . He has been posting more on the Art page than his Sketchy Travels page that he started when he left on this trip.

Master

User Info Menu

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Always follow the money.

User Info Menu

This sounds like it happens often. I just skimmed the article. Usually they use too much of the drug to kill a horse, and the dog food company uses the horse meat in their food.
    “There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published opinion.” Churchill

User Info Menu

The owner of Evanger's Pet Food ( the food that contained pentobarbitol that killed the dog) is a real lowlife. Now he's forcing his employees to reroute gas & electric lines to steal utility service and trying to bribe someone to avoid the conviction. What some people will do for money.
    Busted! Owner of Evanger's arrested on felony charges | Poisoned Pets | Pet Food Safety News

User Info Menu

I have 5 terriers and have fed them nothing but Blue Buffalo since we got them. They are all healthy and happy if you read the ingredients on some of these dog foods it is enough to make one sick. I used to used Iams or Eukanuba and while it was fine I also bought supplements from DinoVite. The DinoVite is good stuff but pricey and I find that I don't need it with the Blue Buffalo. Just my YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well....uh.......I got nothing man.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    This guy went full Brussel Sprouts.

The Constitution: It doesn’t need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
    INGO # 23,621

Expert

User Info Menu

Thanks for the link. We have been feeding our cats kit and kaboodle or friskies dry cat food, I’ll have to see who the parent company is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgressley2003 View Post
    Thanks for the link. We have been feeding our cats kit and kaboodle or friskies dry cat food, I’ll have to see who the parent company is.

I refuse to use Friskies as it is made by Purina. The Purina name is no longer something I associate with quality.
    L.F.F.L.

Follow my son's journey as he travels Europe on this thread.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...adventure.html or on FB https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyBrooksArt/ . He has been posting more on the Art page than his Sketchy Travels page that he started when he left on this trip.

User Info Menu

Makes me feel a little better about spending so dang much on dog food. I was sold on the premium stuff by one of these reps just asking me to read the ingredients on the side. A real eye opener.

User Info Menu

A Federal Agency knowingly and intentionally violates Federal Law? Say it isn't so....
    Ryan "ElDirector"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast