• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    Now that my clickbait title drew you in.....

I stopped at speedway running a little behind and asked for $40 in gas. The young lady behind the counter didn't ask for my speedy card and before I could enter my alternate ID she scanned a card that she had behind the counter. She stole my points!

Like I said I was running behind so I didn't have time to confront her and I knew that my gas wasn't worth that many reward points so I let it go. As I pumped my gas though I thought about it more. If she did this to me she's done it to others. Speedy points can be redeemed for gift cards for gas and restaurants and myriad other things. She then is also stealing from speedway.

So I decided I would call customer service. In a short but very effective phone call I received my measly 364 points but also was assured they would be investigating this matter. And they took my home address so maybe I'll get something else in the mail.

If it happened to me it could happen to you. Don't let your points get stolen.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Now that my clickbait title drew you in.....

I stopped at speedway running a little behind and asked for $40 in gas. The young lady behind the counter didn't ask for my speedy card and before I could enter my alternate ID she scanned a card that she had behind the counter. She stole my points!

Like I said I was running behind so I didn't have time to confront her and I knew that my gas wasn't worth that many reward points so I let it go. As I pumped my gas though I thought about it more. If she did this to me she's done it to others. Speedy points can be redeemed for gift cards for gas and restaurants and myriad other things. She then is also stealing from speedway.

So I decided I would call customer service. In a short but very effective phone call I received my measly 364 points but also was assured they would be investigating this matter. And they took my home address so maybe I'll get something else in the mail.

If it happened to me it could happen to you. Don't let your points get stolen.

go to Ricker's. We take that seriously and have fired NUMEROUS people throughout the company for stealing points. Ricker points can be redeemed for anything in the store YOU wish to buy.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have the opposite problem. I feel like I have to listen to a lecture every time I go somewhere and tell them I don't have the little card. I don't care enough about the points to carry around a different card for every store, or give them my phone number. One guy even went so far as to tell my three other co-workers to remind me to get the stupid card and set up my phone number. :n00b:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife makes them cancel the transaction and start over.

While I find the need for a rewards card annoying (just give everyone the best price), we have them for about everything. Kroger, Meijer, BP, auto parts stores, etc... Easily hundreds, if not well over a thousand, of dollars saved per year.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Not sure I would consider this a Speedway Scam...there are thieves at every company. I would guess she will be dealt with swiftly. I hate the need for cards too but the savings offered by different retailers in worth the minor inconvenience...to me.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    This happened to at EVERY Speedway I've ever been to.

clerk- "you have a speedy rewards card"
    me- "no" or "not on me" (don't go to speedway often enough to care to remember where I put the thing"

Clerk beeps their own card or a "store" card maybe

Me.....not caring then go to pump my gas

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

me- "no" or "not on me" (don't go to speedway often enough to care to remember where I put the thing"

I don't have a problem with this scenario. Like you I don't feel the need to produce another card during my transaction, if the clerk or whomever can get a little extra by scanning the store card then more power to them.

I will kill for the points on my fountain drink purchase though!!:rockwoot:

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    Not super in to it but I do like to be able to get $10 worth of junk food for free every now and then. Plus with the alternate Id # I don't have to have the card. And also if she does this for everybody that goes thru there's the potential for hundreds of dollars of free stuff being stolen. And it absolutely is stealing. She didn't earn that rebate by purchasing something else.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Not super in to it but I do like to be able to get $10 worth of junk food for free every now and then. Plus with the alternate Id # I don't have to have the card. And also if she does this for everybody that goes thru there's the potential for hundreds of dollars of free stuff being stolen. And it absolutely is stealing. She didn't earn that rebate by purchasing something else.

Definitely in your case I'd consider it theft. You wanted the points and she took them from you so I'd agree on that. Sad that she'll lose her job over a few cents, on this specific transaction at least. Tony Beretta said it "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville

It would have been different if she had asked or given me the opportunity to enter my number but she didn't. That's the real Crux of this whole thing, that the decision was made for me. I would have raised a stink and restarted the whole thing but I was a little behind that morning.

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    Definitely in your case I'd consider it theft. You wanted the points and she took them from you so I'd agree on that. Sad that she'll lose her job over a few cents, on this specific transaction at least. Tony Beretta said it "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".
    Yeah for me it was a few cents but at the end of a shift or week how much was it. And like I said had she asked or afforded me the choice it probably would have never crossed my mind.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    May I suggest the “Key Ring” app for your phone.

You scan all your cards into the app and pull them up as needed. Have your phone? You have your rewards card.

You can can turn on tracking so it alerts you to deals nearby. But I find that feature creepy. So it is turned off.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    They have done it to me. Ive called the cashier out when there was a line. Funny you dont see them tgere that much longer. As for rickers they may have better gas but their prices inside seem higher.

I love filling my work truck and getting points i can use for a lunch. The card is worth it to me.

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    Not sure I would consider this a Speedway Scam...there are thieves at every company. I would guess she will be dealt with swiftly. I hate the need for cards too but the savings offered by different retailers in worth the minor inconvenience...to me.

Sure it's a scam. Just because I would give you a dollar for asking doesn't mean it's ok to reach in to my pocket and take it. It's the not asking that really set this whole thing off

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Did anyone else read the thread title and think CM had taken up grifting? :laugh:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I use Speedway ALOT, the points are an added benefit, and I usually get a couple hundred dollars worth of gift cards per year. I use an alt I’d so I don’t have to carry the card. Every once in a while, they offer a $.03-.10 discount on gas with card. It’s there, relatively painless, and actually worth something.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I do like what Mr Ricker is trying to do with beer sales.

I also like their program for saving some money on each gallon when you help them avoid the fees from the credit card companies.

Taken up?

Outstanding... I just chalk it up to him having lived longer than all of us put together and putting that wisdom to use :ingo:

Top Bottom