• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    While I never wanted one previously, I have seen great uses for them. Now, with my little one growing so much I would like to keep older photos available to be seen. I would like one to be 8-10 inches (larger would be nice, but gotta be realistic), and play .mov format videos. A nice feature would be to push images from the computer, but moving a SD card or USB stick is not a deal breaker.

Anyone have experience with these? What do you like/ not like? Recommendations?

Thank you

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There are even connected ones now that automatically pull from a cloud account via wifi. I think they are designed for grandparents. You set it up to work at its location, then as you push pictures to the connected cloud account, they are automatically downloaded and displayed. Nothing the person with the frame needs to do.

Word of warning before unboxing one. I have firsthand experience in this. No matter what, make abso-damn-sure your antivirus is up to snuff and autorun for removable media is disabled. A not so new attack vector is for viruses to be preloaded at the factory. Grandma plugs it into her PC to transfer the files and BOOM. Her PC now has a virus. Ive seen it personally twice. Not cool. (luckily AV software stopped both)

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Ive given 2 for christmas presents. The frame is the biggest reason i bought them not so much for the digital part. The digital part is fairly nice. Not the fanciest but will play movies as well as scrolling through the pictures. I dont have a link but if you search on amazon for tge 10" Waterford crystal digital frame... Its that one.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    There are even connected ones now that automatically pull from a cloud account via wifi. I think they are designed for grandparents. You set it up to work at its location, then as you push pictures to the connected cloud account, they are automatically downloaded and displayed. Nothing the person with the frame needs to do.

Word of warning before unboxing one. I have firsthand experience in this. No matter what, make abso-damn-sure your antivirus is up to snuff and autorun for removable media is disabled. A not so new attack vector is for viruses to be preloaded at the factory. Grandma plugs it into her PC to transfer the files and BOOM. Her PC now has a virus. Ive seen it personally twice. Not cool. (luckily AV software stopped both)

We got a couple of these for the great grandparents and they love them. Easy set-up, and they don't have to try to navigate those pesky Facetwitter or Instasnap sites!!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I want a digital picture or tv in a mirror. Ruth Chris steakhouse has one in their bathroom. I've been looking at them for a while on how to build one. But now they are being made and sold. Might have to order a smaller one

Top Bottom