• Status
    Not open for further replies.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    If Brady continues to play as he did in the SB they are in for a down season.

I'm not so sure on that. Except for a strip-sack I didn't see a lot wrong with the Pats offense.
    Neither defense did a lot of stopping the other team. It really came down to the strip sack and Pederson keeping his foot on the gas. That's coaching and the Colts now have the Eagles offensive coordinator as their head coach.
    I'll say things look better than they have in a while BUT.... it's still the Colts

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not so sure on that. Except for a strip-sack I didn't see a lot wrong with the Pats offense.
    Neither defense did a lot of stopping the other team. It really came down to the strip sack and Pederson keeping his foot on the gas. That's coaching and the Colts now have the Eagles offensive coordinator as their head coach.
    I'll say things look better than they have in a while BUT.... it's still the Colts

Nah he was off just enough. He warmed up a bit but he could not get it done.
    He has had to warm up all season. He is long in the tooth.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Seeing as the bears also stank it up last year , have to root for 2 crappy nfl teams is downright dreary. Hopefully both will be somewhat better in the new year. Thank god for finding out college football 8 years ago is fun to watch and even better so with some hard lemonades, heh.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    We won't be contenders, but at least we have hope for next season. Look at the Rams. They handed Jeff Fisher his walking papers and brought in McVay. He ended up making them very respectable in his first season. I would be thrilled with similar results.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    will the new coach be better than the old coach? I think yes. Chuckle p was done after the second game of the season last year. He was tired of making post game excuses and a true lame duck coach.

the big question is who we get in the draft. I still think trading up for Barkley is the best shot but I don’t think Cleveland will have any of that. They need key pieces as the browns are a much better team than they seem on the field. The parts in Cleveland are on the team minus a true QB and I see them maybe picking up a veteran QB. I see a trade with maybe the giants or min maybe even getting Blake Bortles from Jacksonville when Eli Manning gets traded to Jacksonville.

So with the best best running back in the draft gone do we go for OLine or pass rusher. I think pass rusher as they are expensive free agents and many never leave the team who drafted them. So then oline on free agents. Got to protect also the philly team did the read option pass well. I do think that should in itself be better than the 5-6 seconds it takes for TY to get open (if not line snuffed) and the long game.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    will the new coach be better than the old coach? I think yes. Chuckle p was done after the second game of the season last year. He was tired of making post game excuses and a true lame duck coach.

the big question is who we get in the draft. I still think trading up for Barkley is the best shot but I don’t think Cleveland will have any of that. They need key pieces as the browns are a much better team than they seem on the field. The parts in Cleveland are on the team minus a true QB and I see them maybe picking up a veteran QB. I see a trade with maybe the giants or min maybe even getting Blake Bortles from Jacksonville when Eli Manning gets traded to Jacksonville.

So with the best best running back in the draft gone do we go for OLine or pass rusher. I think pass rusher as they are expensive free agents and many never leave the team who drafted them. So then oline on free agents. Got to protect also the philly team did the read option pass well. I do think that should in itself be better than the 5-6 seconds it takes for TY to get open (if not line snuffed) and the long game.

All the mock drafts I have seen show Barkley being available at number three, so trading up doesn't seem necessary. They need O line help badly, maybe they trade down a few spots to a team that really wants Baker Mayfield. The Colts could then pick up a quality lineman plus pocket an extra pick for later. All this could change of course by what the Colts do in free agency.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If Barkley is available he could give the current line a one second advantage over this years backs. They can not just rush in if we have a real pro runner with the tools Barkley has. No brainer to pick the RB if available. He is by far the best player in the draft coming from a major bday afternoon coach like me.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    One positive picking 3rd is this draft is deep at about any position.
    The Colts need quality players at many positions.
    Ballard isn't Grigson and I doubt he'll blow the draft. Reich will be whispering in his ear for sure with all the new coaches throwing in their 2 cents worth as well.
    This team has been stripped of talent and I don't see an overnight fix. I think the impact of the draft and free agency signings will be able to be graded in as short as 3 years.
    In three years the Colts should be able to put some top notch players on the field and add much needed depth to all aspects on both sides of the ball.
    I don't expect much at this point but I do want to see a quality effort and marketable team on the field.
    I doubt we get the same old **** as we've seen over the last 6 years though. There's hope for the hometown team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom