• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    My neighbor has a sister that just checked herself into a rehab up near Kokomo. She has been using cocaine on a daily basis for almost a year and claims she is addicted. We were discussing this yesterday and neither of us have any idea how much cocaine costs.

If someone is a daily user, how much of the drug do they use per day? A gram? More?

How much does cocaine cost nowadays? I know it was a big deal in the 1980's so we were kind of surprised by her addiction. We cleaned out her mobile home and found no crack pipes, or any other paraphernalia that we'd be aware of....but we're old, and really have no idea about this stuff. No pills, no weed, no scales, no needles...so maybe she was just snorting it?

Any ideas?

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Depends on the level of addiction. Some can get by on a gram a week, $100, and some have a more costly habit.:noway:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Personally I would think 100 a day average on a gram a day used would not be uncommon for a person who truly fell into addiction.
    Street prices could vary but daily use for a year or more would put a person more into an intermediate dealer level in the buying selling game. Daily use for over a year would mean a very steady stream of incoming product. Most then deal to supply themselves.

If she is seeking help on her own most likely the items you are looking for will have been discarded or are in a stash place that might be tough to find. The dealer is most likely a close friend, family member, neighbor, or co worker. Finding that person and keeping the addict away is going to be more important than finding a stash.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Personally I would think 100 a day average on a gram a day used would not be uncommon for a person who truly fell into addiction.
    Street prices could vary but daily use for a year or more would put a person more into an intermediate dealer level in the buying selling game. Daily use for over a year would mean a very steady stream of incoming product. Most then deal to supply themselves.

If she is seeking help on her own most likely the items you are looking for will have been discarded or are in a stash place that might be tough to find. The dealer is most likely a close friend, family member, neighbor, or co worker. Finding that person and keeping the addict away is going to be more important than finding a stash.

Interesting. She took herself to rehab, a week after losing a job she's had for 4 years. She was terminated for absenteeism, we think the drug use got to the point she was not functioning well at work. My neighbor says all of her friends and co-workers are suspect...she's not saying where she got the drugs, she's been in a downward spiral for at least 6 months...so her friends and people she saw every day had to know something was up. She's in her late 30's so she's no dumb kid in all this. She would most likely not had $5K to $10K to blow on drugs in the last year.

It's a mess.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Q: What will an addict spend on drugs?
    A: whatever it takes.

A gram a week to me would be a lighter user. (It always starts lighter) An 8-ball a weekend would not be uncalled for say a pair with a bit to share.
    A gram would be about ten good lines. Depending on purity and tolerance one could do two lines quickly. And follow that up with bumps to follow for however long it lasted.

Back in the day Indiana was rather cheaper than many states on price.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    So would you say it would be safe to say she was spending at least $100 a week? She claims she was using once every day and sometimes twice.
    As everyone posted above, it turns into a whole new ball game. And to answer the ?, yes at least $100 a week, and propbly more, I hate to say. Wife worked in an addiction unit in a major hospital.
    She has heard stories so tall, you know they can't be true. One dude admitted to doing 1/2 ounce everyday. And drinking a big bottle of Jack Daniels also.:noway:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We really should start hanging drug dealers. Making money from all this human suffering is the worst crime imaginable.

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    Coke is the one drug that I find on everyone.....white, black, hispanics.

I have always found the social aspect of illegal drugs interesting .

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Have a cousin who OD'd from drugs in his 30's. Dude was unemployed, lived in a single wide and barely graduated from HS. Somehow was able to come up with the thousands in cash, to feed his addiction. Such a waste.

Have seen people at work get busted for dealing on the job. We have random mandatory drug tests and drug detection dogs that make the rounds. How stupid does one have to be to do something like that?

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Yes, it is making a comeback.
    The new suburban dealer is too smart to be caught by mere public servants in the police force. At least in the deluded mind of the one I've known since he was two... Who recently killed three of his friends with overdoses and sits awaiting federal sentencing.
    Dumb ass.

He was a great kid who worshiped my nephew growing up. And hanging would be appropriate.

The only bright spot is that I now have Grandmaster Flash "White Lines" stuck in my head. And it's a catchy tune.
    Small win.

Top Bottom