• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    After doing some running around yesterday, the Mrs. and I got home and started bringing stuff in the house. After it was all in, I tried to locate my phone to make a call. I couldn't find it. I asked my wife and she suggested it might be in the car. I opened the door and looked towards the car. There it was...........in the driveway......................in a puddle. :( I grabbed my S6 out of the puddle and did the best I could getting the water out/off of it. I removed it from the case and noticed it still seemed to work. I can't remove the battery from this model so I tried to shut it down. The screen was acting funny but I was able to get it shut off.

After shaking all of the water I could out of it, I tossed it in a bag of uncoiled rice. Hopefully that would work. But now I needed a phone for the next few days until I figured out the status of my S6. I found a flip phone that I had acquired for a toy for my daughter. It still worked good so I tried to see if I could switch service to it. Easy peasy.

My wife and I had some more running around to do. While we were out, I kept getting the feeling that I needed to be carrying a revolver for some reason. I currently don't own a wheel gun but it's on my short list to get one. Anyway's, the feeling of a plastic fantastic on my hip just seemed.......wrong. I kept hearing Rhino's voice (or what I think he sounds like) saying "a revolver is an analog gun in a digital world." ( or something like that. He may have not been the one to say it but it was my memory)

So I struggled through the evening with as few texts as possible. It wasn't all that bad but still, I prefer a smart phone. At night, I started looking at revolver choices. I think I want a .327 Fed Mag LCR. During the night, I had a dream about guess what.......revolvers.

So this morning, my S6 came out of the bag of uncoiled rice just fine. But I still want a revolver.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The first dog pile I received on INGO was a gentleman had posted a thread "the influential and innovative handguns of the 20th century"....A top 10 list...I listed the K Frame S&W in all of it's guises....

The pile began...I pointed out it's influence...80 plus years in LEO's holsters...Gave birth to the Taurus Judge (Which I forgave it for albeit reluctantly)...Use in WW 2 by us and our allies, etc.... Just, by any definition, an influential and important firearm......The K 22 Masterpiece....The Model 19...The FBI 3 inch K Frame...etc...etc...etc....

Point being...Cowboy up Tanker....:)

It ended with, "So I guess you ride a horse to work?"

"I wish...I really, really, really do wish...."

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The first dog pile I received on INGO was a gentleman had posted a thread "the influential and innovative handguns of the 20th century"....A top 10 list...I listed the K Frame S&W in all of it's guises....

The pile began...I pointed out it's influence...80 plus years in LEO's holsters...Gave birth to the Taurus Judge (Which I forgave it for albeit reluctantly)...Use in WW 2 by us and our allies, etc.... Just, by any definition, an influential and important firearm......The K 22 Masterpiece....The Model 19...The FBI 3 inch K Frame...etc...etc...etc....

Point being...Cowboy up Tanker....:)

It ended with, "So I guess you ride a horse to work?"

"I wish...I really, really, really do wish...."

Wait, how would the K frame not be one of the most influential handguns of the 20th century?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wait, how would the K frame not be one of the most influential handguns of the 20th century?

It was not "innovative"...I pointed out it actually was very innovative and that it came to be in 1899 and the C96 Mauser came out in 1896 so just because it was a revolver did not mean it wasn't innovative....That was when the OP asked if I rode a horse to work.....Looking back I think he was just wanting people to agree with the 10 he picked and that's fine as it was his thread.....

That may have started me being lumped in as an Old Man (like CM) and I have loved having that title and to be in the company of CM....When I meet someone from INGO in real life I always get...

"Dude I thought you would be...I don't know..Maybe..."

"Grey haired in a walker and on oxygen???"

"Yeah...Kinda...."

:)

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I carried my 2.25” SP-101 yesterday while out running errands. Never feel undergunned with “just” a revolver.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nothing wrong with revolvers, you don't have to chase the brass. There's generally a S&W 49 in my back pocket around the yard.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nothing wrong with revolvers, you don't have to chase the brass. There's generally a S&W 49 in my back pocket around the yard.

I got a 1979 mint, LNIB, test fired at the factory only..Gray box...All paperwork, tools, wax paper etc...Model 49 in here..I almost kept it but I could not...It's juts too pretty for me....

Same gun that's been carried a lot???? It'd go home with me...I love the humpback...My wife carries a well worn 638 daily that was new when she got it...A classy design for certain....

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Must have something to do with the weather. left to run errands and passed the Glock 43 up and stuck a S&W mod. 60 in a IWB holster and felt good about it.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I've said it a dozen times, there are few problems in the world which the proper application of a K-frame revolver cannot solve.

Point shoot a bad guy 3 feet away, no problem.
    Hit a man sized target at 100 yards consistently - totally doable.
    Hammer a nail.
    Look super cool.
    Inspire low expectations with extraordinary results.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Must have something to do with the weather. left to run errands and passed the Glock 43 up and stuck a S&W mod. 60 in a IWB holster and felt good about it.

Actually it goes back to a thread about what your EDC is. A good number of people who carry wheel guns for their EDC also had a flip phone.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    The time is now for a revolver! Mine is used mainly as a pocket gun(holster too), and are great BUG's. I own 2 revolvers. First is a S&W M10-5. 4in blued, Tapered bbl. (skinny). Date code around 1975. Second is a 442-1 Centennial Snub. Date code 1995. Both 38spec. Never an issue, and lots of grips and accessories out there. I had a Ruger SP101, and really liked the 357mag! Sold it off for a Glock19, and also carry that a bunch. The J frame is a concealed, Airweight, and hardly notice it when carried. 5 for sure and a couple speed strips bring me home every night. (I work Part time Security) The 327Mag is new to me, never owned one. 38 Special CTG is available most everywhere.
    Good luck. Just do it! Rugers look good, even older Taurus, or Charter Arms. Shop around. Maybe slightly used will be good!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've said it a dozen times, there are few problems in the world which the proper application of a K-frame revolver cannot solve.

Point shoot a bad guy 3 feet away, no problem.
    Hit a man sized target at 100 yards consistently - totally doable.
    Hammer a nail.
    Look super cool.
    Inspire low expectations with extraordinary results.

f856db1b48d7de7ec48a06153e795817a778fe967dd82001c50e55fe0696097e.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Enabler! Now I have the urge to leave work, grab a can of wadcutters and the old S&W 10-6 DAO I recently picked up, and go knock down some plates.

I love DAO model 10's and 64's...Been a butt load of them lately..I believe...From DOC/Prison trade ins....I have got a standard model 64 with CDC (California Department of Corrections) stamped on the frame....I sing "Folsom Prison Blues" in my head whenever I take it out of the safe...:)

Top Bottom