• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Finally said, screw it going to invest in a quality grill. Picking up a Weber E-310 this weekend from Lowes, delivery and assembly included in price. Next stop will be butcher shop for some top steaks to initiate the grill.

webber.jpg

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I need a new grill as well, I burnt mine up. Deciding between a Weber, Bull or going cheap. I would really like a pellet grill so I could smoke, but so many choices. Enjoy that thing though!

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    Sorry..... purest here!

Give me an old school Webber kettle grill and natural lump charcoal any day over gas....

Just my $0.02...but congrats on the new grill!

Ohhhh crap did I just start the 9mm v/s .45 v/s .40 argument of grilling?:evilangel:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Finally said, screw it going to invest in a quality grill. Picking up a Weber E-310 this weekend from Lowes, delivery and assembly included in price. Next stop will be butcher shop for some top steaks to initiate the grill.

View attachment 64150

We got the same one a couple years ago and love it. It's just the two of us so we didn't really want anything larger. We got tired of trying to find replacement parts for the old cheap grills we had. They never lasted long.

The only complaint I have is the wheels. It stays in the garage until we want to use it. The driveway in front is gravel though. It's impossible to roll so we both have to pick it up and carry it out. This year I'm going to look into replacing them. Eventually we'll get the front poured, but that won't be this year.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I have a first-gen Spirit from 2010... They are not as durable as the Genesis line... but FAR better than the cheaper brands.

Anything not aluminum or stainless (other than the painted steel hood) fails relatively quickly (comapred to my dad's 2001 Genesis) when exposed to the elements. I can't shelter mine so rain water gets to it... My flavorizers were the first to go bad, the heavy iron grates rusted away to wires last year, and the drip tray holder rusted off the frame this year. I will not be relighting it this year without a complete work-over. I will replace it with a Genesis if needed.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    WEBER!! nuff said. We still have a red model. third set of flavorizer bars, second catch pan. Still keeps on chuggin, er charbroilin' Always on the look out for a college kid leaving town trying to get rid of a Weber...

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Sorry..... purest here!

Give me an old school Webber kettle grill and natural lump charcoal any day over gas....

Ohhhh crap did I just start the 9mm v/s .45 v/s .40 argument of grilling?:evilangel:

Oh yeah, I got a charcoal grill last father's from my sons. When I get urge that baby comes out. Thanks!

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    We have the charbroil infrared and I really enjoy it. Just wish they had a real rotisserie option. I try to keep the cover on it when not in use to help it last longer. So far, 5 years and only the cover is falling apart.

moral of the story: Keep it covered!

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    8 years on our Weber so far. I may get one more year out of the cover, other than that a 2 ignitors have been replaced. One because of a serious grease fire at a company Cookout and one because kids like the click, click sound. Hold it long enough a guess what happens.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    We have the charbroil infrared and I really enjoy it. Just wish they had a real rotisserie option. I try to keep the cover on it when not in use to help it last longer. So far, 5 years and only the cover is falling apart.

moral of the story: Keep it covered!

On the 3rd year for ours. Love that grill.

indybrownsfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Mooresville
    I have a Weber Spirit. Bout 8 years old. Love it. Its only two burner but it works great for me.
    I have smoked many ribs on that bad boy.
    I upgraded the grates to stainless along with the flavor bars.
    Only part that I have had go out is the igniter.
    Weber sent me a new one.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I have a Weber Spirit. Bout 8 years old. Love it. Its only two burner but it works great for me.
    I have smoked many ribs on that bad boy.
    I upgraded the grates to stainless along with the flavor bars.
    Only part that I have had go out is the igniter.
    Weber sent me a new one.

Funny story, my brother has had the spirit for about the same time. This past summer we are all over for a cookout. As a man I am posted up next to the grill, beverage in hand, waiting for the ceremonial cooking of the meats. He walks out with one of those long lighters. This confuses me, I ask what's with the lighter? He responds the ignitor quit working. OK bro did you replace the battery? Now he has this very confused look on his face. I pull the cover off and remove the battery. Now he's really shocked. Hey bro go get me a battery, I pop it in and it lights on the first push. He says to me, man I've been using a lighter for years. Good thing he has a great job as a CPA, cause he's not real good a street smarts.

Last edited:

indybrownsfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Mooresville
    Funny story, my brother has had the spirit for about the same time. This past summer we are all over for a cookout. As a man I am posted up next to the grill, beverage in hand, waiting for the ceremonial cooking of the meats. He walks out with one of those long lighters. This confuses me, I ask what's with the lighter? He responds the ignitor quit working. OK bro did you replace the battery? Now he has this very confused look on his face. I pull the cover off and remove the battery. Now he's really shocked. Hey bro go get me a battery, I pop it in and it lights on the first push. He says to me, man I've been using a lighter for years. Good thing he has a great job as a CPA, cause he's not real good a street smarts.

That is funny...I used a lighter for a bit also.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    I bought a Huntington Rebel from Menards several years ago, since it was American-made and I couldn't afford a Weber... I've been sadly disappointed the entire time.

Any comments on Bull? I haven't heard of it before.

Other than surface space, what makes one grill better than another?

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Sorry..... purest here!

:rockwoot:

Top Bottom