• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    Well for a guy worth TWENTY FIVE MILLION who owns a PRIVATE jet I can't help think of what Christ said. Sell your cloak and feed the poor. Guess he missed that part of the Bible. Good riddance.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My grandmother watched him religiously for years. Even though it was torture, as a kid, being forced to watch him, it's sad to see him go.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    My mom always made me watch his crusades when I was growing up. I still read a daily devotional that he wrote something like 30 years ago. He touched a whole lot of lives over the years.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My wife and I got to attend one of his Crusades in Louisville about 18 years or so ago...He was a wonderful human being who touched many people...My Mom got saved at one of his Crusades in the 1950's....

Thanks for posting the Louis Zamperini video Hough....I read the book and saw the film..The last three chapters of the book were left out of the film about his struggle with alcoholism and his acceptance of Christ....

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Well for a guy worth TWENTY FIVE MILLION who owns a PRIVATE jet I can't help think of what Christ said. Sell your cloak and feed the poor. Guess he missed that part of the Bible. Good riddance.

A lot of anger and resentment there good Sir...I too once felt the same way.....But then an unemployed Jewish carpenter helped me through it by laying down His life for mine....Sounded like a load of BS to me but I kept studying it...Trying to prove it was BS and failed....Eventually accepted He was exactly who He said He was........Anger and resentment left me like I had lanced a boil....

He can do the same for you....You just got to ask Him.....Here is the actual quote....

"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

These gentlemen here can explain it way better than I.......I've never seen so many PBS type folk get touched by the Spirit as I saw here....I hope your day is Blessed...I truly do...

[video=youtube;fA17BmsklFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA17BmsklFA[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    someday-you-will-read-or-hear-that-billy.jpg

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

He can do the same for you....You just got to ask Him.....Here is the actual quote....

"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

I suspect Cayce was thinking more along the lines of Matthew 19:21
    The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven

But there's more to the story. Jesus said that was what was required to be perfect in the eyes of the religious laws. But that perfection is not obtainable without Jesus who saves us all from ourselves. Yes, we should selflessly give, but we can be saved through Jesus, not through our worldly donations and contributions. For Jesus went on to say:

When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

So we can't do it on our own. I don't know Grahams charitable givings, but I'm sure he gave away way more than I have, just due to pure proportion. I don't fault him for retaining some of that. And a private plane can make way more sense to a traveler/speaker than flying commercial, for a host of reasons.

It's not for me to judge the salvation of others. He worked hard to spread the word. Only through Jesus can we be saved. No man can be perfect.

-rvb

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    “Now when evening had come, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who himself had also become a disciple of Jesus.”
    Matthew 27:57

Having money isn't antithetical to being a disciple of Jesus. Loving the money more than Jesus is.

Whatever Billy Graham's earthly assets were, and I am sure he was well off, but maybe not as much as his enemies would claim, I have never heard even the hint that he obtained what he had immorally or lived in a manner contrary to his public persona. I have to believe that in the world we live in, many, many people would have loved to expose such things if they could.

As an aside, the "Billy Graham rule" all of a sudden seems reasonable and wise in a #metoo world.

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    A lot of anger and resentment there good Sir...I too once felt the same way.....But then an unemployed Jewish carpenter helped me through it by laying down His life for mine....Sounded like a load of BS to me but I kept studying it...Trying to prove it was BS and failed....Eventually accepted He was exactly who He said He was........Anger and resentment left me like I had lanced a boil....

These gentlemen here can explain it way better than I.......I've never seen so many PBS type folk get touched by the Spirit as I saw here....I hope your day is Blessed...I truly do...

[video=youtube;fA17BmsklFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA17BmsklFA[/video]

I may be indeed in error but I don't recall Jesus dedicating his life to accumulating $25,000,000 PLUS a private jet.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I doubt any of the pink cap folks would ever be wise enough to admit to that.

Not only would they fail to recognize or admit it, they have attacked Pence for following that rule claiming that it reduces opportunities for women who have opportunities for high level posts which would require working directly with him at some times alone dealing with sensitive information and such.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I may be indeed in error but I don't recall Jesus dedicating his life to accumulating $25,000,000 PLUS a private jet.

Well, if that number is tainting you view and preventing you from seeing anything else, well... :(
    If there something about the man that makes you dislike him, or is it merely a this one number and one possession? :dunno:
    If his net worth was $25M, then that jet may have been a lower percentage of his net worth than many of us have in firearms. Are you willing to remove the plank from your eye and sell all your possessions?

Is there something he said or did that bothers you? Was it the Gospel and Christ that you find offensive?

If you wanted to attack Hinn, Osteen, Jakes, Dollar, etc. on those lines, I'd be right their with you, but Graham? Nope.
    Did Billy Graham live an ostentatious lifestyle? Not in my opinion. Did Billy Graham travel a lot? Sure. Perhaps the jet was the best choice.

Did Chuck Grassley even bat an eye in the direction of Graham?

Top Bottom