• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    Yes. I know Guy and listen to his Sat program BUT having anything reading gun or firearm is bait for some home boy with a brick just waiting for you to leave the car.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I'm not sure a personalized tag makes it a write off... other business use, etc could.

Actually, I had to research this exact issue once. The IRS rules at the time pretty much said the advertising had to be pretty extensive before the entire vehicle could be written off (a "qualified non-personal use vehicle").

On the other hand, when he uses the car for business he is entitled to the 54.5 cents per mile*

*Probably, it depends. Consult an attorney or qualified tax advisor. Certain exclusions apply (especially "commuting" miles). Your mileage may vary.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Actually, I had to research this exact issue once. The IRS rules at the time pretty much said the advertising had to be pretty extensive before the entire vehicle could be written off (a "qualified non-personal use vehicle").

On the other hand, when he uses the car for business he is entitled to the 54.5 cents per mile*

*Probably, it depends. Consult an attorney or qualified tax advisor. Certain exclusions apply (especially "commuting" miles). Your mileage may vary.

Exactly. And I doubt a personalized plate would count as advertising since there is no specific contact info, reference to business, etc. And of course business use can be completely independent of any advertising, etc.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Gray area. We need to go to the Fair Tax and eliminate these.

I can't argue with you there. But a much simpler tax scheme would put that huge sector of the economy out of business. Look at how much industry has grown up around tax compliance and tax minimization.

Top Bottom