• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    As I said in another post, I took the winter off from working. No real need to subject myself to the harsh out of doors at my age.

So I'm trying to watch Fox news channel and they are having problems with their video, so I start surfing the channels and I was amazed to see channel after channel full of violence, even the cartoon channel for Pete's sake.
    The daily news is bad enough with it's coverage of wars and rumors of wars, crime and drugs.

Now I know this is nothing new and I am not the first to notice it, it's just that at that particular moment in time I found myself inundated with nothing but evil from an instrument that is supposed to provide entertainment and keep us informed of things happening around us and I found it disgusting.

Normally, I only watch Fox News and the science channel and believe it or not I get most of my news from INGO because if it is noteworthy, it's on INGO.

Mankind would have us believe that violence is because of guns, but many of us know better.

I can fully understand why God cannot allow sin into Heaven because it would soon infect the only sanctuary left for man and God, but he will not force us to do so, we must choose for ourselves.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Amen....

With that being said the wife and I are watching Deadwood.....

I was being interviewed by a Louisville TV station after Sandy Hook...The young lady was pressing in her questions as to my seeming lack of believing we could "do something"...

I noticed her cross around her neck and posed this..

"Do you believe in the Good Book Ma'am?"

"Yes I do..."

"Well according to scripture there was a four person nuclear family and one brother killed the other...That's a 25% murder rate....It's always been here and if you believe the Book you know WHY it's here..."

"Interesting...I had not thought of it that way..."

That, of course....Ended up on the cutting room floor....

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    One of the reasons we dropped satellite and only have a very small cable package. Between all the gratuitous violence and erectile dysfunction adds on the channels we did watch just didn't want it in the house anymore.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Been watching sex and violence when I was 8 and above back in the 80's, tons of video games in the 90s and till now. It didn'I turn me into those snowflake psychos. It's not what you watched, it's how you were brought up.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One of the reasons we dropped satellite and only have a very small cable package. Between all the gratuitous violence and erectile dysfunction adds on the channels we did watch just didn't want it in the house anymore.

It dawned on me not so long ago that if "I am what I eat", is it not logical and more broadly true "I am what I consume"? I'm not nearly as "good" as I should be, in fact I consider myself quite a hypocrite on this sort of stuff. I still enjoy some programs with gratuitous sex and violence. It's hard to not be in the world and avoid all of these things. And I do believe the more of it you consume, your appetite for it grows and your willingness to expose yourself to ever more perverse content expands. It's something I'm working on but bad habits are difficult to break.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Amen....

With that being said the wife and I are watching Deadwood.....

I was being interviewed by a Louisville TV station after Sandy Hook...The young lady was pressing in her questions as to my seeming lack of believing we could "do something"...

I noticed her cross around her neck and posed this..

"Do you believe in the Good Book Ma'am?"

"Yes I do..."

"Well according to scripture there was a four person nuclear family and one brother killed the other...That's a 25% murder rate....It's always been here and if you believe the Book you know WHY it's here..."

"Interesting...I had not thought of it that way..."

That, of course....Ended up on the cutting room floor....

Deadwood, probably the best series in recent history.

I don't watch much television at all and only glance at the newspaper, I like being able to see, hear, and read what I want.:)

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    And I do believe the more of it you consume, your appetite for it grows and your willingness to expose yourself to ever more perverse content expands. .
    This is so true and we see it everywhere today.

It's not what you watched, it's how you were brought up.

True and the problem is the ME generation has allowed these kids to raise themselves, without solid guidance.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Everyone grinned when he had the kidney stones... ;)

I use that when working with companies as an example of why you want to spread experience and ability around. When he has his stroke, the organization stops. In today's business world if you stop for long, you get your lunch eaten.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom